NEED HELP!! CAN'T SEEM TO GET HELP ON MY SERVICE (VERY POOR SIGNAL) SINCE DAY ONE TALKED TO SO MANY AGENTS , NO ONE COULD HELP. MY NET IS VERY SLOW WITH OR WITH OUT DATA CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE .
Before the Hughesnet reps here can help you, you will need to do a couple of things:
A. Low speeds can happen when you've run out of your data allowance. To see if you still have data remaining, log into your account at http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount
B. If you still have data remaining, the next step is to run a series of speed tests on the modem.
1. Create a free account at Testmy.net.
2. Before you begin testing, disable the WiFi (to see how to disable WiFi on the HT2000W modem, look under "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" here: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf)
3. Run the tests while your device is connected directly to the modem via a LAN cable
4. To test download speeds, use the manual 25MB size
5. To test upload speeds, use the manual 4MB size
6. Run 3 to 5 tests, at least 5 minutes apart. Repeat at different times during the day.
7. Post your tests results here -- the URL will look like this: http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername
These tests, while they may be cumbersome, are REQUIRED before the Hughesnet reps can begin to diagnose what may be wrong with your site.
*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.
Hi irentorres270, welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out to us!
I was able to locate your account and your case was escalated to our advanced technical support over the phone, but the call got disconnected. They've notated you will be scheduled a callback, however it doesn't say when, but usually when our advanced supports are investigating a case, it can be between 3-5 business days. Since they have already contacted you once, it could be sooner than that, but I can't make any guarantees.
Hang in there, I know it's tough when you're having an ongoing issue, but they're reviewing your system, so it can take some time.
Hi again, hope everything's been resolved since I haven't heard from you. I'm going to close out this thread, but should you need assistance again you're always welcome to start a new post!