Bad service for new customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markobbie
Sophomore

Bad service for new customer

I just had Hughes installed a couple of weeks ago. When I called to ask about the service, the salesman swore that snow doesn't interfere with the signal. He even claimed his parents live near me and never have a problem (we live in an area where it snows heavily for 4-5 months of the year). Today, after two days of heavy snow (during which I had service), I lost the signal. On the phone with customer service, they advised me to wait for it to melt. Or to suspend my service during the winter. Gee, thanks. That will make working from home just peachy. 

They turned me over to advanced tech support, which ran tests to reinstall and reregister my dish. Still no go. Told me to wait for it to melt or brush it off and then call back if it doesn't work. So I got on a ladder and used a long snow rake to gently brush off the snow. The modem now showed it was receiving, but all the web pages I tried to go to said they were private. The satellite had been taken offline by the reinstall they ran. I called and they refused to rerun those processes. They are sending a tech in three days and tried to charge me $30 -- even though I paid extra each month for better service. After the call, I ran the reinstall and reregistration processes myself, and it worked. I would have been offline for three days if I left it to these idiots.

Really, really unimpressed so far, Hughes. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Sure thing, Mark. We can certainly look into requesting a sales call review. If any coaching is needed, it will be applied. Thank you for your feedback!

Please don't hesitate to visit us in the community again if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13