Hughesnet Community

Bandwidth Over what I am actually using.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bretroush1

Bandwidth Over what I am actually using.

My bandwidth usage is much lower than what you limit me to, even according to your system. If I use 400 megs, according to my trackers and your web site (two separate systems) out of a 2 gig token, but your meter says I have only 300 megs left. Also, my data rolled over for the beginning of the month and it is not only using it at a high rate of speed, but is using my tokens at the same time as my anytime data. The new modem shipped shows a sat. signal strength of 34 and will not connect, the old modem shows a signal strength of no less than 130 and allows me to connect. The phone tech support people want to send a tech out at a cost of $125 to fix the 'aim' of my dish, not happening! Call #52885439 for the last call, the phone people are nice and polite, the computer system to get to them is terrible. What can be done to fix this problem?
8 REPLIES 8
Liz

Good morning bretroush1,

Welcome and thanks for posting, we would like to help address your concerns. Since you already have a HT1100 modem on the way to you, I'd like to wait until that's hooked up so that we can evaluate your system performance while you're on the latest equipment. Just let us know when you've swapped modems and we can continue addressing your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

bretroush1

You didn't read the post, the new modem DOESN'T WORK!
Liz

I apologize bretroush1. 

When you've connected the HT1100, please leave it connected and powered on for at least half an hour to let it set up. If after half an hour, you're still unable to connect to the internet, pull up 192.168.0.1 in your browser and let me know what status code you're seeing.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

bretroush1

I left it hooked up for an hour and a half, the status code was 0000-0000-0000-0027
bretroush1

If it helps, other case numbers where I have called in are 52875385, and 52840238
Liz

Alrighty, so after running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Monday, Mar 7, 2016 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #52911090 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz

bretroush1

Thank you. Bret
Liz

Hi Bret,

Haven't heard from you in two weeks so I'm closing this thread; hope the site visit went well! If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can best help you.

Thanks,
Liz