cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned from IRC

Banned from IRC

I just started to get this same message from the IRC system myself.  I doubt this is related in any way to our accounts, it's the IP address blocks being assigned by DHCP.  I have been an active user of IRC for 9yrs now and have never been banned.  I can switch to my dialup system and connect to IRC just fine.  There is a proceedure to clear the flag on the IP, but why bother when a different one will be assigned that still has the issue.  I think Hughesnet needs to contact these people and get to the bottom of the issue.

This is my error from today:

You are banned from this server- You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit frontend1.dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=97.73.80.46  Please contact proxyscan@freenode.net with questions. (2015/3/1 20.43)
* Closing Link: 97.73.80.46 (K-Lined)
* Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).

Thanks,
Paul

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: IRC blocking hughes.net.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Banned from IRC

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Are you still being blocked from IRC? We want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account.

Thanks,
Liz

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz, I for one would like to know how this could even happen  , signed curiosity that caught that cat   !!!!

Here's an article I wrote before you joined the community: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/can-t-connect-to-your-e-mail-please-read-especial...

It was to address those who were having e-mail issues, but you get the general idea about how IP blocking can happen. Hopefully it answers your questions. Smiley Happy

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you < Liz !!!
Tutor

Good article. I agree with the importance of protection and the real-time updates. A lot of people hate Norton but I've used it for more than 20 years and have never had an infection of any sort. It costs money but you get what you pay for. It also may use more computer resources but my solution to that is use a bigger hammer.

Hi Liz,
Thanks for the reply.  Seems that I'm able to get on IRC today.  Honestly haven't been checking, just switching to my dialup acct to log in. 

Paul

Thanks for the update, Paul! Glad to hear you can access IRC via HughesNet again. Feel free to post back if you have any other concerns, we're happy to address them.

-Liz