cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 19 Going Strong

Beam 19 Going Strong

After 3 weeks,Beam 19's speed is holding up.I'm happy about that.It appears that Hughes techs have fixed the speed problem due to high traffic on beam 19,the heaviest used beam Hughes Gen4 has.What Hughes learns with beam 19,it can transfer to other beams.

It's Sunday Nite,and The Speeds are Good

Let's Hope It Continues

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Beam 19 Going Strong

Wait till the storm rolls in tonight and through the week and see if it is still good. I am on the 9000 and even if there is a storm the only time I have a problem is if the dish is covered with snow.

Actually,I don't see any weather problems with Gen4 ,unless it also knocks out my DishTv. My Gen4 dish install is turned slightly maybe this helps?

Good to here. Smiley Happy

EcoAlex and Paul, we couldn't be happier reading your comments.
Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

That's great to hear! Thanks so much for your post. Suz

Today we had 6" of snow.Finally after 2",service was cut,as was DishTv.I hosed off the snow before dark,and service was restored.Here's a speed test taken at 7:30Pm Pst.

Beam 19 Rolls On In The Snow

Thank you for your e-mail. I've had problems since they installed this. When I first called them I have informed my phone systems are on VIP (Internet telephones) and I use Skype's as well. my wife is on call for moments notice and healthcare she received a call from her supervisor they could not understand what she was saying but we could hear them. I called Hughes I finally got us technical support they told me there is no way this is going to work regardless what they do is they do not have the bandwidth for voice communications. Again I was on a hold for an hour before I can talk to someone. The person I have talked to stated that there is no problem they can get this issue resolved. When I have talked to these people I had to go back on to my DSL because they could not understand what I was saying. I have had no problem going on the web it works fine but as far as Skype's and phone service it does not work. They refused to refund me I informed them what I was going to file a class-action lawsuit against them. They did not even seem to care.

Hi Robert, we do not recommend the use of VoIP (your phone service) with Satellite Service and we have made sure that customers are aware of this here http://www.hughesnet.com/index.cfm?pa... before signing up for HughesNet.

Regarding the use of Skype, its success really depends on what system you are using. For example if you are on the HN9000 Basic plan you may not be as successful. If you are planning on using Skype, you may want to consider upgrading your plan.

Regarding what the sales agent stated to you, I'd like to help. If you can provide me with a recent case number, I will be able to access your account details to pull the sales call recording that you are referring to, in order to see what the agent told you. After we listen to the recording we can determine what we can do for you to make sure you are taken care of.

Suz

Hughes released a statement it was working on technology to allow VOIP.So far,it appears very unlikely Hughes will be able to implement VOIP due to latency due to the distances beams must travel from the user's dish to the satellite back to a receiver then on to land based lines to the receiver and the reverse when the receiver sends back. The distances involved are the impediment.

I too was told by a Hughes sales rep that VOIP was possible with Gen4. The sales rep also told me there was roll over of bandwidth not used from the previous month to the next.I had the rep repeat why question many times...yes,there is roll over.yes,VOIP works on Hughes Gen4.She was wrong.I was on the phone for 2 hours asking repeatedly about VOIP,and roll over of unused bandwidth.

I would bet with some forensics Hughes could find out which rep gave me this misinformation.

I am astonished by Hughes reps,whether sales,customer care. I have had good and bad experiences.Many seem to have extreme reports of inept,customer service.Hughes must examine it's customer service from sales to technical,to billing.