(Beam 4, Gen5) Internet Down, Poor Signal

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missdee
Freshman

(Beam 4, Gen5) Internet Down, Poor Signal

Ever since the beginning of December my signal has dropped from a consistant 100+ to at best 30, but it constantly goes down to 15, which causes the internet to be completely down, and it has currently been down for two days straight.

I live in NW Washington, here are the satellite details:

I am on Gen5 with modem HT2000W

Diagnostic Code: 0000-2000-0200-0029

Sattelite:
    Satellite Name: EchoStar-19-NAD
    Gateway ID: 0
    Beam ID: 4
    Outroute ID: 0

System Summary
    State Code 11.2.1 -- A problem receiving data has occurred
    Summary Operational State Down
    Data Allowance Remaining Not Available

System Status
    Satellite Receive Status Down (11.2.1)
    Satellite Transmit Status Down (12.2.1)
    LAN Status Up 1G FD
    IP Gateway Association State Creating IPGW Pool
    TCP Acceleration Down
    Web Acceleration Up
    Suspension State Not Suspended
    Software Download Status Updating...

WAN Info
    Satellite Receive Signal Strength 15
    Data Packets Received 0
    Control Packets Received 12
    Bursts Transmitted 0
    Packets Transmitted 0

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@missdee

Have you tried power cycling your modem?  If not, please unplug the modem at the outlet (NOT at the back of the modem), wait about a minute, plug it back in, then wait about three or four minutes so it has a chance to fully boot and update its settings.  Then try to go online.    

If you try this does it make any difference?  

Also, a couple of other things.  If you have the modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector try plugging it directly into an outlet and see if that makes any difference.  In addition, please make sure that the power plug going into the back of the modem is all the way in and not loose.  This plug is sensitive, as well as delicate, and if it's not snug it can cause issues.   

If you're still seeing the issue after trying and/or making sure of these things, please reply and we will get the HughesNet reps involved, as the issue you are seeing is definitely not normal.  

I power cycled it and made sure it is plugged into an outlet, but that didn't seem to help, the issue seems 100% related to the signal.

The signal bounces between 15 and 31, if the signal is 15 then its down (like right now), but if it randomly goes back up to 31, it starts working again (which it did for a bit last night). This all started happening suddenly one day, from 100+ signal straight down to 15-31.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@missdee

Okay, I'll tag the reps so that they can help.  In the meantime, if you don't already, you should leave the modem powered so the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it may take them a day or two to reply.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Hi missdee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Jan 10, 2018 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM . Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #108709746 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you, tomorrow will work great for me.