cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 55 2 Months Later

Highlighted
Sophomore

Beam 55 2 Months Later

After 2 months, it appears Beam 55 for me is performing better than one month before.

I have noticed the bonus period speeds are not good, after 8 Am, they magically recover.

I am not in FAP, but will be in a few days, this will be the next test, whether the service is usable for videos without buffering, and sites load in a reasonable time.. Time will tell. I will report on that .

Liz asked for patience, as it takes time to diagnose problems, and effect remedies.. The performance is not what it was at the debut of Gen5, however it is tolerable. I do have 4Glte available, but I am in a 2 years contract, and Gen5 is a better buy than 4Glte. At least I do have options, others do not.

Thanks Liz , and Hughes staff Smiley Wink

Happykitten.png

1 REPLY
Junior

Re: Beam 55 2 Months Later

ecoalex2 wrote:

After 2 months, it appears Beam 55 for me is performing better than one month before.

I have noticed the bonus period speeds are not good, after 8 Am, they magically recover.

I am not in FAP, but will be in a few days, this will be the next test, whether the service is usable for videos without buffering, and sites load in a reasonable time.. Time will tell. I will report on that .

Liz asked for patience, as it takes time to diagnose problems, and effect remedies.. The performance is not what it was at the debut of Gen5, however it is tolerable. I do have 4Glte available, but I am in a 2 years contract, and Gen5 is a better buy than 4Glte. At least I do have options, others do not.

Thanks Liz , and Hughes staff Smiley Wink

Happykitten.png

What has your late evening speeds been like?  Say around 8PM to 9PM?  

While not in FAP, it may be OK but man, this last month for me up to November 28th when my month started over, while in FAP was painfull.

I see slow-ups right now during peak but so far it has been usable, but that is when not in FAP.  I find once FAP hits, and that speed comes down, I was getting 150K down and 12K up.

I will fall in FAP again in about 4 days, so will know soon enough if I will have 20 days of painful speeds at night.

Last month I was in FAP 9 days in.... this month I am going a tad better, watching barely any YouTube vids and think I only watched 1 show of Netflix....  so may stretch that 9 days in to 12.5 days in before I FAP.

Once Hughes settles the main speed issue, I will upgrade to the higher plan so I don't FAP as early but no way I will do that with the slow speeds we have on Beam 55 right now.  Why pay more unless it is 100%.  But I will when that time comes.  Hope that is soon!

TJ