cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 55 Eastern Sierra California UnuseableNet

Freshman

Beam 55 Eastern Sierra California UnuseableNet

New customer since October 2017. Many calls to tech support, many speed tests(1 Mbps or less) etc.

HughesNet is unusable in our area and others.

Their TV advertising of 25 Mbps and no hard limits is a fraud.

What is going on HughesNet?

Do you care?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Beam 55 Eastern Sierra California UnuseableNet

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting, just trying to keep up. I'll run diagnostics on your site and post back when I have an update for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Any info or update?

Hi Tim,

Currently your system is subject to the Fair Access Policy, so you won't be able to get normal speeds right now. I've sent you some tokens to use at your convenience when you're ready to run speed tests. Diagnostics are showing that the HughesNet equipment is working properly. I am seeing some potential issues on the home network side of things, so to eliminate that for troubleshooting, please connect a computer directly to the HughesNet modem and disable the wifi via your wifi settings (HT2000w manual for your reference). Then run 3 speed tests spaced 5 min apart on speedtest.net and share your results here. We've moved away from testmy.net since they made a recent change on their site which affects test results.

Also, to find and use the free tokens, go to your Usage Meter and click the Buy Tokens button to see your available tokens; click the Use link next to it to add bandwidth to your token data amount and restore speeds.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->