cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 55 One Month Later

Senior

Re: Beam 55 One Month Later

Makes sense. How much longer do we have to endure poor speeds? My 4Glte friends have better performance. I know I have a 2 year contract with Hughes , I hoped to get better performance than Gen4., now it is the same.

Thanks

@ecoalex2 wrote:

Makes sense. How much longer do we have to endure poor speeds? My 4Glte friends have better performance. I know I have a 2 year contract with Hughes , I hoped to get better performance than Gen4., now it is the same.

Thanks

It is getting weird that muscle memory for me now while I am at my systems is to run speed tests and I don't even realize I am doing it.  LOL.

I look forward to the day I don't waist GBs of data on tests.

Just think about it.... some of us... like me... may run minimum 10 each upload and download speed tests a day so I can get a broad spectrum of tests until Hughes gets this figured out.  Morning x3 spread out in 5 minute increments so we get a nice spread, mid-day, then night.  and 1 more for good measure.  At 25MB a pop, that is 250MB per day downloads only.  That times 30 days.... That is a whole lotta GBs.

Lately I just run 1 or maybe 2 in AM, then 1 mid-day, and once at night. 

But until we get normal speeds, I guess I want to know what kinda speeds I am getting.

TJ

Senior

I don't think we'll see the speeds we had before. The same happenned with Gen4.

It would be appreciated not to have to log on after a few hours of logging on. It wasn't this way with the old forum. With slow speeds having to wait for the log on is added agravation.

If the problems continue, refunds should be in order, since we can't leave the 2 year contract.

What is the ETA for the "fix"?.

Hi Alex,

No ETA as of yet. One of the engineers we mainly work with has returned from PTO and seems optimistic about reducing our backlog. We'll see. Once I have any updates to share I'll post back.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Senior

In my experience looking at the Gateways because of slow speeds, I have noticed #3 usually is a very poor performer, #5 usually is much better,this after a modem reboot.

The Outroute remains at #1.

Beam 55 for me today has been lame.  I am in FAP for another 1/2 month but the reported speed right now of 1Mbps at 6PM is far from real.  I can't do Facebook.... posts are show on screen one by one slower than I can type and just getting to this page where I can post this has been a bear.  Almost feels like 1Mbps is in reality 99K or so.  Just painful.  ;-(

I kind of don't get it.  How can a reported speed of 1Mbps actually have the response of about 99K or so.  I guess it is only emails for us today.

How are the rest of you beam 55 folks doing?

TJ

Senior

My speed at 9 Am today was bad, Gateway 3 , I rebooted, got Gateway5, and speeds were good all day. Just did a speed test- 2- 43 Mbs files, speeds - 44Mbs, and 32Mbs.. I'm as perplexed as you are.

I will FAP in a few days, but I will keep rebooting until I get Gateway 5 , that one is consistantly faster.

I too remember when 2.8 Mbs FAP speds were as good as not throttled.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/ecoalex

I am on

Associated (Data IPGW - J2GIL055HNSIGW0104)

Was on 101 and 103 over the weekend too if I remember... even 105.  

Rebooting is a crap-shoot but I always check to see what gateway I get.

I heard 101 was the worst but.... I think I have issues on them all.

Next cycle I have to really watch my data.  This last month, my 1st full month since getting Gen 5, I used 20GB in 9 days.  Twice that speed when I was on Gen 4 where 20GB lasted me 20 days.  I was mr 1GB a day back then.

Something has changed and no way will I sign up for more data until Hughes finds the issue on why we all get such slow speeds during the night.

Once they do that, I may bounce up to the next plan, have ad-blockers on, etc...

TJ

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Sophomore

Is it ridicoulous that I have to hotspot to my phone to even post this?  

About a week ago I had great speeds and was watching plenty of Netflix.....now, almost unusable.

I don't get it, obviously the capacity exists, but we only get it sporadically if at all?  And the "engineers" are always working on it?

Senior

Beam 55 speeds on 11.13  the usually faster Gateway#5 at 8Pm were painfully slow..

I just noticed I was put on Gateway#3 now , I'll probably have to reboot and move up the Gateway ladder to make Gen5 usable. #3 is ususally the slowest, I imagine the amount of users governs speeds, there must be some auto balanceing going on- when #5 loads up with users, some are shunted to #3, #4.

Again I was at a friend's, he is using 4Glte . he was streaming Netflix , and 4 others were streaming music, and others videos, all had good signals, quality. I mentioned my Gen5 troubles, they felt sorry for me, as I told them we are told to just be patient and keep paying our bill .