cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 55 One Month Later

Highlighted

Re: Beam 55 One Month Later

7pm and reboot modem for heck of it. Down to 400k download and 15k upload. :-(. TJ
Highlighted
Senior

Crazy variance in speed, but much improved.

The techs must be working on the troubles of the last 2 months., as my speeds are from crazy fast to slow, then fast again. I'm wondering if the throttling is the culprit?

Last nite , for the first time ever, I had crazy speed, then this morning about 9Am, down to less than 2 Mbs, at 10;30 Am crazy fast again..It is curious as others in Beam 55 are not seeing this progress.

Tue Nov 21 2017 @ 10:28:05 amDallas, TXarrow121 MB41.95 Mbps 5.24 MB/s
Tue Nov 21 2017 @ 6:24:03 amDallas, TXarrow6.3 MB1.99 Mbps 248 kB/s

Thanks Cat.jpeg

Highlighted

Interesting, thank you for sharing, Alex!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Senior

Happy Thanksgiving

To all in the forums , and support. Thanks for your help.!

Cornucopia.png

Highlighted

Thanks, Alex! Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Smiley Happy

10-thanksgiving-cat.jpg

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

In FAP a couple more days, was hoping a Merry Christmas from Hughes with some solid timeline of the capacity upgrade, when, where, and the how.  This AM getting 168K down and 311K up.  Smiley Sad

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=12252017&x=5&l=25&q=macsociety

Either way, Merry Christmas to fellow Beam 55ers and the rest of the Hughesnet users.

TJ

Highlighted
Senior

We all on Beam 55 are all waiting for the upgrade. Another month of patience, a character test we are subjected to.Patience is a virtue... Smiley Happy

Wishing All A Merry Christmas !

Christmas cat.jpeg

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@macsociety

Today is awful system wide, as was last night.  I can just imagine how many people are online trying their new gadgets.  Ugh.  

Yesterday evening my speeds were in the low to mid hundred Kbps range, and tonight I'm not even letting the test bother finishing, as I can already see it's as bad as last night.  Just awful.  

Merry Christmas!!!  Smiley Happy 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Senior

I received my Christmas present from Hughes.....

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank.

Your new rank is Sophomore

Now....

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank.

Your new rank is Junior

What do I need to do to get Senior? Infinite Patience? Smiley Happy

cat in  tree.jpeg

Highlighted

@ecoalex2 how are your speeds lately?  Mine have been bad even after reboots where I switch gateways.  Was on 107, now on 102, and no difference.  Just a month ago reboots of modem would restore early morning to afternoon speeds where they were decent.  Now it is a constant slow speed.

Today I am getting 300K range?  Yesterday was 500k range.  And this is in the morning where I used to get Mbps.  I am not in FAP either.

Last night by 6PM I was down to 200K downloads.  Guessing if I tested again after that by 8PM would have been down in the 100s.

Anyway, you doing better than I?

TJ