cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 66 performance issues?

jc2
Sophomore

Beam 66 performance issues?

Are there known performance issues with beam 66? My speeds were good until a few weeks ago. I know engineers are working on issues with certain beams.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Beam 66 performance issues?

Hi jc2,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. That beam isn't on our radar for anything in particular. Could you please post any speed test results showing slower than normal speeds?

Were the speed tests run while directly connected to the modem? If not, we suggest doing so in order to get a more accurate reading of the system performance. 

Also, please describe your experience with speeds more in detail. Does this happen throughout the day or only a certain times?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

jc2
Sophomore

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply. I am connected directly to the modem with no other devices connected. I have had excellent speeds since switching to Gen5 last April. Speeds were around 40 mbps in the morning and close to 20 in the evening. Right before Christmas they suddenly slowed and became very inconsistent. Anywhere from 5mbps to 25 in the morning and 1 to 10 in the evening. I will post some speed tests in the morning.                    Thanks again    

jc2
Sophomore

Hi Liz,

Here are some tests from this morning. I kept tests from 6 months ago on there for comparison. I was getting those good speeds until late December when they suddenly slowed. When I say suddenly I mean overnight. I have gotten into a habit of running a speed test every morning while on bonus data. Tests were in the 40s every morning and then one morning it had slowed and has been that way since. I have rebooted the modem and laptop. Speeds on my phone are the same as the laptop. Signal strength is 112. Self tests are good. I will post some evening speeds tonight.

Thanks again  https://testmy.net/quickstats/higroove

New Poster

Obviously there is a major problem.

I have seen lots of people complaining about the same thing from the same time period and not one explanation.

If you want temporary performance increase, just reinstall your modem from the control panel @ 192.168.0.1

This will get you some of your speed back for a brief period of time.

I am seriously debating wether or not to have a letter drawn up and terminate service early with someone that can have it done without an early termination fee.

If Hughesnet would tell me that there is a problem and they are working on it, I would be interested in waiting it out.

The lack of transparency on the issue is unacceptable but par for the course.

I have had service with Hughesnet twice before and both times the same thing happened.

Even after swapping equipment out for new equipment.

Both times I terminated service.

No transparency = No service = No $$ from me.

Hi jc2, 

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #108917172 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

jc2
Sophomore

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your help. I will keep you informed.

Thanks again

Advanced Tutor

@tko1970

@tko1970 wrote:

I have had service with Hughesnet twice before and both times the same thing happened.

Even after swapping equipment out for new equipment.

Both times I terminated service.

No transparency = No service = No $$ from me.

I gotta ask..

If Hughesnet has provided you with such lousy service not once, but twice before this as you are claiming....why do you keep coming back?

jc2
Sophomore

Hi Liz,

After a month of slow speed, it suddenly picked back up Monday morning Jan 22. I kept the site reveiw appointment that you scheduled for yesterday Jan 24. The technician said everything looked good and didn't know why it would have slowed and then sped back up. He did replace a connector on the dish that he said was a little corroded and installed a new ground wire. Everything is ok for now. 

Thanks for your help

Good morning jc2,

Wonderful news, thank you for the update on your system performance and yesterday's site visit. So glad to hear this. Drop on by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Liz