Beam 67 Extreme Slow Evening Speeds / Signal Strength Reduction

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DC223
New Poster

Beam 67 Extreme Slow Evening Speeds / Signal Strength Reduction

For approximately 3 to 4 weeks now when 3/4pm hits till around 12am the speeds are unbearably slow, I'm talking <1-3Mbps.  I contacted the online chat rep which inturn she told me everything looked fine to her, despit me running speed tests on this platform for her to see.  Secondly, previously my signal strength on average sat around 126, now I'm topping out at 109.  Is there currently an issue taking place (for a month, so far) that I'm unaware of?  Anyone else on 67 having issuses.  For reference I'm in western West Virginia.

Side note, anyone have a good beam ID map? 

Not a huge fan of paying 130 bucks a month, having crap speeds, and wasting half my data running speed tests...

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

DC223,

Your signal strength dropping a bit could be due to beam adjustments, gateway adjustments, or a number of other things.   A signal strength of 109 is still very good.  With that said, I'm sure the reps will probably run some remote diagnostics to be sure.  I'm not aware of any issues concerning beam 67, and doing a search of the Community didn't turn anything up.  With that said, to address your speed issues, the reps will need some speed test results, and the protocol for those speeds is below....

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns you should create a testmy.net account and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Then share the account results link with us here.

Please keep in mind that HughesNet will only accept testmy.net and the official HughesNet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the 25MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see 5.c. in the section titled "How do I manage my built-in Wi-Fi modem?" in this PDF.