Beam 68 Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pswired
Junior

Beam 68 Update

@Liz, can you please provide an update on the current status of beam 68? I am still experiencing slow evening speeds, but good performance at other hours. Can you advise whether there is still a problem being actively worked?

For others following along, this is a continuation of the following threads:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/What-s-the-problem-with-beam-68/m-p/81658

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/New-Gen5-install-on-beam-68-SLOW-evening-speeds/m-p/...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Fellow-Beam-68ers-part-II/m-p/83408

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Fellow-Beam-68ers-it-s-speeded-up/m-p/83849

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Fellow-Beam-68ers/m-p/82848

53 REPLIES 53
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Ditto re speeds.  Pretty good during the daytime, quite degraded during the evening and seriously degraded on weekends, esp Sundays.   I think they're still working on this, @pswired.  

Morning folks,

Had a meeting yesterday about this, we're still working on bringing relief to this beam and others. We should have an update on this progress next week, after which we will hopefully be issuing dispatches to make adjustments on your site. That's all the information we have so far.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you for the update. Any new information that you can relay would be appreciated.

These will be Free dispatches to make adjustments at our site, right @Liz
GabeU

Edit...

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@GabeU@Liz has stated on a few occasions that they are going to be issuing service visits for customers on beams suffering these issues, specifically, beam 68 users.

@skuphan, if you are indeed one of the customers that is being impacted by the issues they are trying to resolve, and aren't just suffering from similar symptoms, then yes, the service visit will be at no cost to you.

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

@GabeU@Liz has stated on a few occasions that they are going to be issuing service visits for customers on beams suffering these issues, specifically, beam 68 users.

@skuphan, if you are indeed one of the customers that is being impacted by the issues they are trying to resolve, and aren't just suffering from similar symptoms, then yes, the service visit will be at no cost to you.

Ah, I stand corrected.  I was not aware of this.  And it's right there.  I should learn to read all of the posts.  😛  Reversing polarity?  

Hi folks,

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we address your concerns. In the next couple of days we'll test the dispatches on about 100 sites first before we start doing this for the rest of you. I anticipate having more news next week after we've rolled out these dispatches. If all goes well with these sites, we hope to get yours out soon, too.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz any updates. It’s been 2 weeks and it is still slow at night here. Im thinking we should get partial refunds due to partial service.

Good morning,

We're still evaluating the effectiveness of the dispatches issued for the select group of subscribers in one beam before we expand to the rest of you. Initial feedback that's rolled in so far is looking good! As soon as we're cleared to dispatch techs to you, we will do so and let you know.

It’s killing me at night. No updates. Not getting better. No explanations. No timeline. @Liz do you have anything for us? Just watching things buffer buffer buffer

Hi skuphan,

No update yet on when we can issue a dispatch to address your concerns. We are pending feedback and evaluations on the effectiveness of this dispatch before we can expand to more customers.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks for responding @corrosive. I have been dealing with these same issues in beam 68 and have talked with tech support and @Liz

Hi pswired,

Just checking in on you, are you still experiencing slow evening speeds?

Still slow. ~6 Mbps seems to be the norm during peak hours. Fortunately this is just a backup connection for me and I haven't had any outages on my main ISP. But so far it's been a waste of money--it wouldn't do much good in the evenings the way it works now.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/pswired

Tonight's result: 

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 9.01.58 PM.png

GabeU

@pswired wrote:

Tonight's result: 

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 9.01.58 PM.png

Looks like tonight we nearly have twins.  

E6ObLyfuo.SiUp52f3J.png

Here is a fancy one like you posted:

68O3LvtuW.fYEPJOlgk.png

Odd that the upload seems to be doing so well tonight.

(Ignore the FIOS part--that's my primary ISP. The LAX testmy.net server is routed out through HughesNet)

Not sure if you've noticed, but they've added a bunch of new servers to Beam 68.

If you're having slowness issues, try rebooting the modem to re-associate to one of the lesser congested ones.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your continued updates. I don't have anything regarding beam 68, but we should be getting a general update from engineering next week.