cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam 68 particularly slow this morning

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Beam 68 particularly slow this morning

Anyone on Bean 68 experiencing very slow download times this morning?  Testmy can't run the 25MB speed test. The automatic test (picks the size based on speed) is indicating very low speeds (507 kbps, 520 kbps).  Could someone tag Liz and Amanda for me, please?  I'm unable to do it -- the tagging thing times out.  Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Beam 68 particularly slow this morning

For what it's worth, slow here too. Gen4, beam 13. Gremlins I think.

@Liz

@Amanda

GabeU

giphy.gif

No issues here on beam 51 (ES19), other than the normal evening slowdown, so it's not system wide.  Hopefully it will be fixed quickly, if it isn't already by the time Liz and Amanda are online tomorrow.  

This goes without saying, but maybe a power cycle would kick it into gear.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Good morning folks,

Thank you for your updates, unfortunately I have none to share. I don't expect any to come during this short holiday week. I ran diagnostics on your sites, maratsade and Gwalk, just to be sure things were OK on that front; all good. 

We'll keep you updated on any news they happen to throw our way.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Thanks, Liz!  Everything showed green on the dashboard, but the download speed was uncharacteristically slow. 

maratsade

Thanks for pinging Liz and Amanda, GWalk.

@Gwalk900 wrote:

For what it's worth, slow here too. Gen4, beam 13. Gremlins I think.

@Liz

@Amanda

maratsade

@GabeU, that was the exact same gremlin that was on my screen!

I did a power cycle and it didn't really help....  

macsociety
Advanced Tutor

@GabeU wrote:

giphy.gif

No issues here on beam 51 (ES19), other than the normal evening slowdown, so it's not system wide.  Hopefully it will be fixed quickly, if it isn't already by the time Liz and Amanda are online tomorrow.  

This goes without saying, but maybe a power cycle would kick it into gear.  

@GabeU, may I ask what your normal download and uploads speeds are during normal evening slow down on your beam 51?  Maybe can give me a glimpse of what beam 55 can be one day when things get fixed.  Guessing well above 150 to 500K download and 12K uploads during FAP I get on beam 55 during the evening slow-down?  When not in Fap I had been getting down this low too during evenings but have to wait another week or so to get my data back to test all over again.

TJ

GabeU

@macsociety

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

Last night I actually had one result that was considerably lower than normal, but you'll be able to see that my evening slowdowns are NOTHING like what you and others experience.  My slowdowns don't even really affect me, and even if I streamed I probably still wouldn't see any difference between day and evening, buffer wise.  

Really, about the only thing my slight evening slowdown affects is my Microsoft updates or file downloads.  I don't know if it's that the speeds aren't quite as smooth when they are lower or what it is, but Microsoft updates and file downloads slow considerably in the evening, and to a point that sometimes you'd think my speed was sub 1Mbps.  Microsoft's servers just seem to be ultra sensitive.    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
macsociety
Advanced Tutor

@GabeU wrote:

@macsociety

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

Last night I actually had one result that was considerably lower than normal, but you'll be able to see that my evening slowdowns are NOTHING like what you and others experience.  My slowdowns don't even really affect me, and even if I streamed I probably still wouldn't see any difference between day and evening, buffer wise.  

Really, about the only thing my slight evening slowdown affects is my Microsoft updates or file downloads.  I don't know if it's that the speeds aren't quite as smooth when they are lower or what it is, but Microsoft updates and file downloads slow considerably in the evening, and to a point that sometimes you'd think my speed was sub 1Mbps.  Microsoft's servers just seem to be ultra sensitive.    

Yeh, @GabeU, your numbers look dreamy to me.  I can see you should really not have many issues.  That is what I signed up for.  Hope they get that working on beam 55, for everyone.  Weird this issue is only affecting certain people.  TJ