Hughesnet Community

Beam 72 problems don't get Hughes till it's fixed (I am a Hughes tech)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azbadboyz
Freshman

Beam 72 problems don't get Hughes till it's fixed (I am a Hughes tech)

I am on beam 72 and it is so bad from 2 pm to 11 pm that it is worthless. I had excede before and I got 12 meg nearly all the time. I have been on phone many times with tech support and nothing has been resolved. They keep having me take off all my connected device's and it does not solve anything. It is the worst service I ever had. Even now I ran a speed test at 12am and it was on Hughes web site. Down load was 1.75 and upload is always around 3. I wish they would just cancel my subscription. And to top it all off I am a servce tech for Hughes. I sold so many of these systems when it just came out and talked it up so much to have it thrown in my face every day how bad it is in my small town after the 1st of June is terrible. I am staying away from even installing it or even servicing it untill they get it fixed. 

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Azbadboyz

The speed issues started affecting those on your beam after that specific date (June 1st)?    

And the speed starts dropping that early in the afternoon?  Every day?  All at once or is it a gradual drop?

I'd suggest running some speed tests.  If you're not aware of the procedure and protocols, they are listed in the info below.

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Then share the account results link with us here.

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 25MB size download test 

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

All my connected device's are wireless. I ran a test on a customer's internet that still was on spaceway and he had almost 6 meg. I wish they would send out a level 4 tech to see what we are all going through. I give up on Hughes. I told them I am a technician and they still don't fix it. I also talked to a top rep and still no answer. They told me a few weeks ago they knew of the problem on the 72 beam and we're trying to figure what is wrong. 

Still no fix

Its not what they said it would be I am a technician for Hughes. (Well not now because I just quit). People in my town respect me and this system was good until June 1st. So when it came out it was wonderful and I sold many systems and install them. But now since I am in a small town I can't get away from someone tell me I sold them bad internet. I tell them its not me it Hughes. I consider the people I sold this too to be my friends. Now my name is mud to them. I wish Hughes could send an engineer out to get this fixed before the snowbirds get back that I sold this to before they left.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Azbadboyz

You already have an open, active thread regarding this issue.  Do you really need to start another one for the same thing?  

This is a support site, not a complaint site.  

Yes till problem is fixed or my contract is cancelled

@Azbadboyz

As a "technician" you should be the first to understand the purpose and procedures of running speed tests.

Speed tests document the best case baseline bandwidth available at the modems "inlet pipe" under a controlled set of conditions.

Everyone knows that the official HughesNet test has given wonky results for years.

Hughes Engineering has selected the testmy.net test as being acceptable if using the manual test in the sizes specified in the reply by GabeU above.

You need to create an accout at testmy.net and run the tests while logged in so that your test results are added to your list and a link posted here in the Community so that Engineering can access the growing list of results.

As a technician you must know that tests made through a wireless device are nearly useless due to a number of factors.

>router/adapter type: B, G, N, AC<

>wireless frequency 2.4 or 5.0 ghz<

>wireless enviroment<

>the chance of conncurrent connections<

The above is just a short list.

Engineering time is very valuable, give them something to work on.

@Azbadboyz wrote:
Still no fix

Maybe try following the instructions already posted.

I would think as a tech for HN you would understand without seeing the numbers at various times you are asking them to shoutgun the problem and that is no way to solve something.

I have no time to mess around with this when it's bad I am working or getting home and spending it with my wife. Lots of other people are having same problems we were all lied to and are all suckers that fell for the first 2 months of fast service. All I get now is unhappy snowbird's that are back and wanting to know why there service changed. Then when they call in and they say they will send a tech out they want to charge them $125. Just waiting till excede gets up and running then I will cut all ties with Hughes and many will follow. It's not about the money when a service works like expected.