cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael3245
Sophomore

Beam and gateway

Good Afternoon,

I am currious what beam and gateway I am attached to. Also what my modem and all my status looks like

So far I like the service alot 🙂 

24 REPLIES 24
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Michael3245 

For the beam and gateway, when you look on this page, what do you see for your IP Gateway Association State string?  It will look similar to the following, though with info specific to your beam and gateway.  The part underlined is what will inform which beam and gateway you're on.  The string doens't contain any personally identifiable information, so it's okay to post it.  When it comes to the SAN listed at the top of the page, though, never post that, as that is your account number, which should be kept private.   

Capture.JPG

That page is also the main System Control Center page for your modem's information. 

I'm glad you like the service.  I've had HughesNet since December 4th, 2004, and Gen5 since late March 2017, and it's worked very well for me. 

system ceter is not loading correctly gives dns failed. But can access it by 192.168.0.1 thats ok but here is the information 

IP Gateway Association StateAssociated (Data IPGW - J2BIS107HNSIGW0107)

Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD
Gateway ID4
Beam ID107
Outroute ID1
GabeU

@Michael3245 

As shown in that box, you're on the Echostar 19 satellite and your beam is 107.  Your gateway is located in Bismark, ND.  

Interesting about the link.  If you're on a computer and know how to, you may want to flush your DNS cache.  It's still fine as long as you can get to that page, though, including with 192.168.0.1.  You can also try www.systemcontrolcenter.com and click on System Status at the top to get to that page, as well.  I usally bookmark the SCC so it's instantly available when I need it.  

should i worry the systemcontrol website does not work i jsut go to the 192.168.0.1 is it because i am on a HT2000 modem?

The modem does show this as well Diagnostic Code: 0000-0000-0000-0005

GabeU

@Michael3245 wrote:

should i worry the systemcontrol website does not work i jsut go to the 192.168.0.1 is it because i am on a HT2000 modem?

You can use the 192.168.0.1.  It all goes to the same place.  It could just be a DNS mismatch that may fix itself after your device is restarted.  But no, it's nothing to worry about.  And no, it's not that you're on the HT2000W.  I have the same modem.

Just to be clear, you can get to the System Control Center using the 192.168.0.1, just not using the link I gave, right? 

As for the diagnostic code, if there is ever a problem you'd want to look at the State Code on the same page that has the other info.  It should read 0.0.0 right now.  

I can access the website via 192.168.0.1 

State code is 

State Code14.2.3 -- Both WiFi radios are off
GabeU

@Michael3245 wrote:

I can access the website via 192.168.0.1 

State code is 

State Code14.2.3 -- Both WiFi radios are off

Okay.  Yeah, as long as you can get to it you're fine.  Like I said, the link I gave not working could just be a temporary DNS mismatch, but if you can get there that's all that counts.  There are three or four ways to get there, and the 192.169.0.1 is one of them, so you're good.  You may want to bookmark it for easy access later.   

As for that State Code, your fine.  If there were ever an issue it would display a State Code indicating what the issue was.  What you're seeing there is due to having your WiFi disabled, and it's normal for that.

Those Diagnostic Codes are a mystery to pretty much everyone but HughesNet reps.  I think it ending in 0005 means everything is up to par and working as it should.  Someone did post what they mean a couple of months ago, but I can't find it.  But again, the State Code would be the one to look at if there is ever a problem.

so far so good on service i am seeing speeds up wards of 50 to close to 100Mbps 🙂 

GabeU

@Michael3245 wrote:

so far so good on service i am seeing speeds up wards of 50 to close to 100Mbps 🙂 

Wow.  That's VERY good.  If you're using testmy.net, which is the recommended testing site, it's best to use a standard test instead of automatic, with the recommended sizes being 25MB for download tests and 3MB for upload tests.  This helps to keep things uniform with the testing and results.

BTW, for your first twenty days of service your monthly data allotment is continually refilled, though I'm not sure of the frequency.  They do this as a courtesy, to allow new customers to update or upgrade their devices to current without it affecting their normal monthly data allotment, as those activities can use a lot of data.  After the twenty days the continual refills will stop and your data will be deducted from your allotment in the normal manner.  This is just a heads up in case you noticed that your data always seems to be full or near full, even after you've done some pretty data intensive things.  🙂  

Edit:  I should add that results approaching 100Mbps are likely flukes (the result not being accurate).  HughesNet usually tops out at near 50Mbps.   Mine hits around 47Mbps during the least congested times.  Definitely speedy.  🙂

I *think* if you use an alternate DNS (other than the default 192.168.0.1) it won't be able to find it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

I *think* if you use an alternate DNS (other than the default 192.168.0.1) it won't be able to find it.

I'm using Google's, but it works for me.  

@GabeU wrote:

Those Diagnostic Codes are a mystery to pretty much everyone but HughesNet reps.  I think it ending in 0005 means everything is up to par and working as it should.  Someone did post what they mean a couple of months ago, but I can't find it.  But again, the State Code would be the one to look at if there is ever a problem.

Here was that one about the diagnostic code as copied from my post on the other thread:

Re: What is Diagnostic Code 0051-2005-1200-5163

The code can be deciphered easily my moving the dashes.

Instead of:                      0051-2005-1200-5163

Imagine the dashes as: 00512-00512-00516-3

This is a diagnostic for the last 3 hours and it is the same information as shown here:

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/diagnostics/curr_hour_history

and also here:
http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/diagnostics/hourly-history

The numeric codes are base 10 decimal representations of a binary code for the problem codes shown on the above pages.

The values that I have observed are:
Downlink                           2
Uplink                                4
Association                      16
TCP Acceleration             32
RTT                                128
Fair Access Policy          512
Web Acceleration[N]      1024
DNS Acceleration[N]      2048
DNS Acceleration[I]        4096

I have not seen codes for 1, 8, 64, 256, etc show up so don't know what they represent, but if they ever show up you would see on the above pages what they represent.

For 0000-0000-0000-0005 just move the dashes to be 00000-00000-00000-5

Each 5 digit code is the status for one hour, so the diagnostic code is just showing your status for the last three hours.

00000 means nothing wrong showing for that hour.

The final digit is just some kind of check digit.

Would it be differnt because i am on a bussiness class. Downloading steam games last night was getting 6MBps peeks meaning about 60. sometimes 10MBps peeks meaning 100. 

Thats good for sat so far. Hope the speeds are still good once all data is used up. Also side note hughes gives more data for your money. I was on verizon jetpack 35usd for 5gb, 

Here I can get 25GB for 75. I ended up paying verizon 600 in fees for more data 11 5gb data boosts. Not worth it. This works out better in the long run. 

maratsade

I think the speeds are the same for all plans. 25Mbps down and 3Mbps up.  However, they often exceed those speeds. 

Verizon charges a lot for extra data (EDIT: $15 per GB, regardless of plan).  HN charges $3 per GB  (minimum package is 3GB, for $9 -- the same amount would be $45 for Verizon). 

yep why hughes wins in that aspect. More bang for your money. 25gb for 75 🙂 Wins could have gotten 3 25gb refills for what i paided extra on verizon for data boosts. 

Thank you for afforable services. Hope the FAP speeds are still good as well I am a heavy internet user home network netflix.youtube tv steam games and some work form home so the bussiness 75 made more of a idea soultion. 

maratsade

I've banked quite a lot of tokens so I haven't been in FAP for a decade, but my understanding is that while on FAP, browsing is pretty much normal (unless you go to websites that have a lot of media).  I don't think you'll be able to do data-intensive stuff like streaming, though, but I can't say for sure. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Yes, 1 MegaByte = 8 Megabits

I saw a pdf file describing the HT2000W series of modems and it shows they are capable of 200Mbps (Megabits per second) download and 20Mbps upload.

I suspect these numbers may be slightly rounded based upon what shows in the sbc.cfg file, so depending on the "channel" or outroute maybe slightly higher numbers are possible?  For home use, it appears they only allow access to 25% of the bandwidth so that about 50Mbps download/5Mbps upload is the best you will see when your beam is empty.  Depending on which beam and the frequencies set in that file for the outroute you are on, if your beam is empty (not busy) it seems like you might get 47Mbps down or 53Mbps down depending.  I guess certain locations have to avoid certain frequencies so the config for those areas has to trim the frequency range a little?

I don't know what they do for business accounts, it is possible they are given a bit more % of bandwidth -- another business user might know.  I do know the business accounts can get bigger dish antenna and/or more powerful transmitter thingies for on the dish which might be for more robust communication or higher SQF which gives a bit higher probability of landing in the higher speed channels since it seems your SQF compared to the SQF of other users on your beam determine this.  If I understand this right, business users have the bulk of their GB available in the 8am-5pm time slot?  Home users have "bonus" time only usable from 2am to 8am so that the bulk of our GB is in this time slot.

I was using 4G lte before, but the family can chew through the GB too quickly for that so having 100GB -- 50 anytime/50 bonus is better.   My niece would burn through her att "unlimited" 22GB plan in 2-3 days then be deprioritized to painful degrees.  HughesNet FAP is far better then "depriortization" if there is even the slightest congestion in my opinion.

maratsade

"I saw a pdf file describing the HT2000W series of modems and it shows they are capable of 200Mbps (Megabits per second) download and 20Mbps upload."

Yes, but no one gets those speeds.

"I don't know what they do for business accounts, it is possible they are given a bit more % of bandwidth -- another business user might know. "

Bandwith is the same for residential and business accounts, though perhaps a moderator could chime in and clarify before people get wrong info. 

It is all good 🙂 Another question is why does my account keep saying information not avilable? It also says something has been detected system issues to call service. 

Just curious I will call them if I really need to soon. I mean the interent and other stuff is working