cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam and gateway

New Poster

Beam and gateway

Good Afternoon,

I am currious what beam and gateway I am attached to. Also what my modem and all my status looks like

So far I like the service alot Smiley Happy 

24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Beam and gateway

@Michael3245 

For the beam and gateway, when you look on this page, what do you see for your IP Gateway Association State string?  It will look similar to the following, though with info specific to your beam and gateway.  The part underlined is what will inform which beam and gateway you're on.  The string doens't contain any personally identifiable information, so it's okay to post it.  When it comes to the SAN listed at the top of the page, though, never post that, as that is your account number, which should be kept private.   

Capture.JPG

That page is also the main System Control Center page for your modem's information. 

I'm glad you like the service.  I've had HughesNet since December 4th, 2004, and Gen5 since late March 2017, and it's worked very well for me. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

system ceter is not loading correctly gives dns failed. But can access it by 192.168.0.1 thats ok but here is the information 

IP Gateway Association StateAssociated (Data IPGW - J2BIS107HNSIGW0107)

Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD
Gateway ID4
Beam ID107
Outroute ID1

@Michael3245 

As shown in that box, you're on the Echostar 19 satellite and your beam is 107.  Your gateway is located in Bismark, ND.  

Interesting about the link.  If you're on a computer and know how to, you may want to flush your DNS cache.  It's still fine as long as you can get to that page, though, including with 192.168.0.1.  You can also try www.systemcontrolcenter.com and click on System Status at the top to get to that page, as well.  I usally bookmark the SCC so it's instantly available when I need it.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

should i worry the systemcontrol website does not work i jsut go to the 192.168.0.1 is it because i am on a HT2000 modem?

New Poster

The modem does show this as well Diagnostic Code: 0000-0000-0000-0005

Highlighted

@Michael3245 wrote:

should i worry the systemcontrol website does not work i jsut go to the 192.168.0.1 is it because i am on a HT2000 modem?

You can use the 192.168.0.1.  It all goes to the same place.  It could just be a DNS mismatch that may fix itself after your device is restarted.  But no, it's nothing to worry about.  And no, it's not that you're on the HT2000W.  I have the same modem.

Just to be clear, you can get to the System Control Center using the 192.168.0.1, just not using the link I gave, right? 

As for the diagnostic code, if there is ever a problem you'd want to look at the State Code on the same page that has the other info.  It should read 0.0.0 right now.  

New Poster

I can access the website via 192.168.0.1 

State code is 

State Code14.2.3 -- Both WiFi radios are off

@Michael3245 wrote:

I can access the website via 192.168.0.1 

State code is 

State Code14.2.3 -- Both WiFi radios are off

Okay.  Yeah, as long as you can get to it you're fine.  Like I said, the link I gave not working could just be a temporary DNS mismatch, but if you can get there that's all that counts.  There are three or four ways to get there, and the 192.169.0.1 is one of them, so you're good.  You may want to bookmark it for easy access later.   

As for that State Code, your fine.  If there were ever an issue it would display a State Code indicating what the issue was.  What you're seeing there is due to having your WiFi disabled, and it's normal for that.

Those Diagnostic Codes are a mystery to pretty much everyone but HughesNet reps.  I think it ending in 0005 means everything is up to par and working as it should.  Someone did post what they mean a couple of months ago, but I can't find it.  But again, the State Code would be the one to look at if there is ever a problem.

New Poster

so far so good on service i am seeing speeds up wards of 50 to close to 100Mbps Smiley Happy