cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cordless phone to use

martiwaller
New Poster

Best cordless phone to use

Having lots of problems with voice cutting out. I think it may be because of our old phones what cordless phone is best with HughesNet?
2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Best cordless phone to use

@martiwaller 

I don't believe there's a "best" cordless phone to use with HughesNet Voice.  Any decent cordless phone should work.  

The problem may not be tied to the cordless phone.  

If you havne't already, I would try power cycling your HughesNet equipment.  To do so...

1.  Unplug the HughesNet Voice unit and the HughesNet modem from the power outlet(s).

2.  After waiting for at least one minute, plug the HughesNet modem back in.

3.  After waiting for at least five minutes, which will give the modem time to be fully back up and ready, plug the HughesNet Voice unit back in.  

4.  After waiting a couple of minutes, which will give the Voice unit time to be fully back up and ready, try a call to see if it works any better.

I'd also make sure that all cables are securely inserted in place and that the coax cable to the back of the HughesNet modem is at least finger tight.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.

If this doesn't help, please definitely let us know so that a HughesNet rep can do what they need to do to get your system working properly.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Best cordless phone to use

do you have HughesNet Voice? 

martiwaller wrote:
Having lots of problems with voice cutting out. I think it may be because of our old phones what cordless phone is best with HughesNet?