Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel34
New Poster

Bonus data usage

5D701AAB-61F3-4510-84DD-44D5F74C7816.png

9C21EC46-0716-4C50-9363-46AC3E97B8CE.png

I’ve had HughesNet in the past, but cancelled. Then I decided to go back to HughesNet so I got a new account. How come when I just ran out of anytime data now it’s using my bonus bytes and some of my tokens at the same time. So I took a snap shot at 8:20 pm and another at 8:50 pm. What would cause this?

14 REPLIES 14
Damian

@Daniel34,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. This is a bit strange and I definitely want to help you get to the bottom of this. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account so that I can locate you in the system. You can private message me by clicking this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/76644 . -Damian 

Damian

Daniel34,

In the meantime, based off of the pictures, it simply shows at 8:20pm you started out with 34.3GB of your monthly 50GB Bonus Zone left. This means 15.7GB was already used. Within 20 Minutes after that, you used an additional 0.3GB of your Bonus Zone and now you have 34GB left with a total of 16GB now used. The picture itself is not showing any usage of data tokens and instead is only showing usage of your Bonus Zone like normal. Once I have your info and can locate your account, I will double check your data token balance and usage just to make sure. -Damian 

Damian

@Daniel34

Thank you for providing me that info via Private message. I was able to find your account and it appears you just started service about a week ago and are still in a relaxed bandwidth state when it comes to your anytime data. Bonus zone will operate the same but your actual Anytime data will refresh everyday. In the first month of service, you experience what is known as relaxed bandwidth. This means you can use an unlimited amount of high-speed data and never really experience reduced speeds from running out. This is to get you familiar with the system and ease you into managing your data per month. Your anytime data usage readings will be a bit inaccurate until the 6th of January which completes your first full month. During this time, I recommend reviewing this link to help you once this relaxed bandwidth state is finished http://hninfo.us/datatips . -Damian 

Daniel34
New Poster

Ok I’ll keep a check on it come January, and thank you for the information.

@Daniel34,

Happy to provide it. Please update me here if anything changes. -Damian 

Daniel34
New Poster

So now it says I have 31 days left on the HughesNet app but data didn’t reset

912E7B50-E544-487F-B85E-C7CA4C0DAE77.png

@Daniel34,

Your relaxed bandwidth period has ended since tomorrow is the 6th and that is your data refresh date every month. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶g̶n̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶3̶1̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶ ̶c̶y̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶3̶0̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶i̶o̶d̶.̶ ̶3̶1̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶i̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶3̶0̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ The 31 day counter simply displays the amount of days in the data cycle depending on how many days there are in the month. Your official data refresh date is and will always be the 6th of each month.  That includes your data plan and the 50GB of free bonus data every month called the Bonus Zone. Bonus Zone is not the same as Data Tokens. Tokens are paid for as an extra by the user. Bonus Zone, however, is given to you for free between the hours of 2AM-8AM. You will always start with 50GB of Bonus Zone to use each month and they can only be accessed during those times. Bonus Zone GB's do not carry over. Tokens, however, do carry over until used. This of course is all in addition to your service plan data. -Damian 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Damian wrote:

You can ignore the 31 day counter as the data cycle is always a 30 day period.

Is this something new? With mine, the cycle renewal date was on the 5th of each month, and the number of days in the cycle was always what the number of days in the month was, so either 28, 29, 30 or 31. The renewal date never moved, like it would if the cycle was always 30 days.

@GabeU,

Well after looking deeper, it appears that the system we have internally versus how it is displays in the customer app are similar but a bit different. I was assuming they were displayed the same but it actually is not after looking closer. "Always" is inaccurate and what you are saying is indeed they way it actually works, where it displays the number of days in the month and does change based on that. The only real inaccuracy in the app for the customer is it showing the data cycle ending on the 4th instead of the 6th which is the OP's actual data refresh date. I believe that is when the relaxed bandwidth period stopped for them but I will reach out for further clarification on that. With that being said thank you for that correction, much appreciated. -Damian 

Making things more complicated, the app appears to refresh at midnight GMT, not midnight local time...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine,

That is unfortunate and does complicate things more. I will be collecting a lot of these types of issues throughout the year to submit internally for app feedback. Improvements to make the experience more accurate and easier are very important to me personally so I will do my part to at least pass the message on. -Damian 

Daniel34
New Poster

Thanks for checking on this, I’ll check the app tomorrow and see what it says. Hopefully it’ll show my my data.

Daniel34
New Poster

So my data usage on the app has reset, but now I keep getting emails that I need to register my account on myhughesnet.com because the records show I haven’t registered yet, but I have registered my account.

@Daniel34,

I am glad the data has reset and that is strange regarding the registration emails. Your account is definitely registered and active. You can try logging into the support center on the pc or on a browser through your phone instead of the app, just once. If you have already done that, these messages should stop on their own soon. -Damian