Hughesnet Community

Brand new customer. Pages failing to load

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickie Sexton D

Brand new customer. Pages failing to load

We had hughesnet installed today. I cannot open most webpages, and not even the control center page. Spent time on the phone with tech, who said no issues on their side or with modem. Any suggestions? Not tech savvy, so take it easy on me.
11 REPLIES 11
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Nickie, are you plugged directly into the modem with one computer, no router?

Boxes green at top of page here: http://192.168.0.1/ ?

Nickie Sexton D

Yes.
Nickie Sexton D

I can't even pull up the system control center
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If connected directly to the modem then should have no trouble getting SCC to load.

Was it working when the installer left? Is Ethernet cable firmly plugged into modem and your computer? Are lights all blue on the modem?
Nickie Sexton D

All lights are blue. Don't know if it worked when he left. My husband was here.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried cycling both the computer and modem?  Turn everything off and unplug.  Then power your modem, and when all but the top light are lit ( or it may light), power the computer on.  I'm assuming the computer is connected directly to the modem.  If there is a router being used, modem first, then router, then computer.  Wait until each is fully on before powering on the next.  This sometimes helps when I have the same glitch.   
Amanda

Hello Nickie,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble already! I'd like to help you out and see what we can do . Do you have a recent case number or the serial number from your modem? This will allow me to locate you and run diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to get started.

Thanks
Amanda
Nickie Sexton D

Tried to power down and power up. Didn't help.

I do have a case number. It's at home. Headed that way.
Nickie Sexton D

Case 55311812
Amanda

Hi Nickie

As I was checking out the account I saw that the notes were updated because you called in to cancel services. Do you still want me to investigate and troubleshoot your concerns or close your community case?

Thank you
Amanda
Amanda

Hello,
It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include an updated response so that we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Amanda