Hughesnet Community

Browsing vs downloading / uploading

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nancy N Wilcox

Browsing vs downloading / uploading

When I talked to the sales rep gathering information about hughesnet (dial-up just wasn't working anymore) I was told that I would get Unlimited internet browsing but then there are restrictions on how many megs downloand and upload you can do. I am hoping there is a difference there.
4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It's a bit more complicated than that. On a plan with Smart Browsing when you use up all your data you will still be able to do basic browsing without too much difference, essentially unlimited browsing.

However, everything you do online consumes data and counts against your data allowance, including browsing. Your plan has a set amount of gigabytes for Anytime and Bonus time use that will be used whenever you are on the internet.

Can explain further if needed.
Nancy N Wilcox

So, it sounds like what she said about us having Unlimited Internet Browsing was misleading???
Liz

Good morning Nancy,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly help address your concerns if you feel that you were misled by the sales rep. Please post the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account and investigate.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning Nancy,

It's been over two weeks since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!