Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kf4ipc
Sophomore

Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out

I have been having issues with Hughes net since I had it installed in December of 2018. Slow Internet, Facebook will partially load then the pictures and videos will start loading one by one and you have to wait for it to load more so you can keep scrolling down the page. You-tube buffers constantly even with data saver turned off and resolution as low as it will go. E-mail will time out and reload the same messages several times if there are any large attachments. It's extremely difficult to participate in on-line college classes. This happens with all my devices, Wired desktop, laptops, mobile phones. Normally I keep Wifi turned off. Speedtest shows my download speed mostly between 20 and 60 Mbps and my upload speed was 2.1 Mbps when I last checked. I have called tech support numerous times when I have been having problems and they had a service tech come out this past week and he couldn't find anything wrong, All he did was take a few pictures of the dish, checked the coax connections and connected into my wifi with his phone to run some checks then told me everything looked fine and he didn't know what else to do. I am to the point now that if I want to watch something on You-tube I just use my mobile data. Most of the time the weather is clear when I am having problems and it happens during different times of the day and night. I also have not been out of data.

LAN Throughput is ***** 96.56 Mbps

Satellite Receive Signal Strength104

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=03232019&x=90&l=50&q=KF4IPC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kf4ipc,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If you are willing to try HTS again, please call 866-347-3292 and provide them with the updated case number I just messaged you, as I have now updated the case notes to ensure the call will be free of charge next time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, I see you had mentioned termination earlier. If this is the step you would like to take instead, I can assist you with the process. Please private message me if this is your decision.

-Damian

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31