Buffering beyond upset

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outkastrooster
New Poster

Buffering beyond upset

I have had the gen 5 service for 6 months now. And even when I have all dish boxes off and nothing but 1 tv connected to internet,I get buffering!!! And daily I can't watch any videos on my phone ,it buffers every 20 seconds! I am beyond mad !! Y'all claim so much and I can't even do a basic function! And if I terminate my account you charge me 300.00 ! That's Crap ,I am paying for a service that does not work! It has not worked since day 1 and y'all can't help,so I'm screwed!
4 REPLIES 4
yuromastic
New Poster

Try snoozing the video data saver for 4 hours. Makes a HUGE difference for me when watching videos. I get the same buffering when I watch YouTube videos and I temporarily disable vds and works like a charm.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Outkastrooster

Like mentioned by @yuromastic, have you tried pausing or turning off the Video Data Saver?  If the streaming service you are using can't auto adjust its definition for a lower speed and it's streaming in HD, the Video Data Saver can cause all kinds of buffering, as it's designed to throttle the speed of the service while streaming to save data.  

What is Video Data Saver?

So turning this off will help with buffering but use more data?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@monicakm wrote:

So turning this off will help with buffering but use more data?

If the source is streaming in HD you'll almost assuredly use more data than with the Video Data Saver on.  However, if the service is already streaming in SD and it's buffering because the service speed is just too low, chances are turning the VDS off isn't going to make a difference, nor will it use more data, at that time and with that streaming instance.  It may later, though, if the speed of the service picks back up.   That's why I tend to pause the VDS instead of turning it off, as it will turn itself back on in four hours when pausing.