Buffering buffering buffering

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beatlebye
New Poster

Buffering buffering buffering

I have been trying to contact tech support for almost a month now. They just put me on hold and after about a half hour on hold they come back and hang up on me. I call back and they do it again. Buffering buffering. I don't like Dish TV for setting me up with this kind of service.  Buffering buffering buffering... Takes me over six hours to do what used to take me 10 minutes. Buffering buffering. I like to watch "on demand" TV. It takes 12 hours to load a one hour program. Buffering every 10 seconds. Buffering buffering buffering. What can I do to get internet that works? Who do you call? Why do I have to pay for buffering buffering buffering buffering buffering buffering......................................................................................................................?

12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@beatlebye 

Because of the dramatic increase in system load as a result of the pandemic, HughesNet has implemented a prioritization policy that favors work and schooling related activities during times of heavy system load, which is increasingly becoming around the clock.  Because of this, things like streaming can and often are taking a back seat, bandwidth wise.  There's only so much system bandwidth to go around, so they're allocating it to the most important activities first.

With this said, if you're experiencing speed related issues overall and you are NOT out of plan data, you can start the troubleshooting process by running a few speed tests as laid out in these instructions.  Please be sure to read the instructions thoroughly before running any tests, and tests not run as outlined will not be of value.  After running the tests, please post your testmy.net "My Results" page URL so the speed test results can be viewed.  

Again, though, you may very well have streaming issues due to the aforementioned prioritization policy, regardless of your overall service speed.

I have had this problem from day 1 ,back in January. Buffering, buffering, up then down, then no service. Yes we have called them 3 times and did a survey. They always say that they fixed it, on their side??? This was before the pandemic started.
maratsade

Tim, if you'd like someone here to help troubleshoot issues, please go to the main Tech Support page (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport) and create your own ticket by clicking on Start a topic.

Since you called the customer service number, you must have case numbers, so please post those so the HN people here can investigate. 

Timglossup13 wrote:
I have had this problem from day 1 ,back in January. Buffering, buffering, up then down, then no service. Yes we have called them 3 times and did a survey. They always say that they fixed it, on their side??? This was before the pandemic started.

I could not resist to tag onto this conversation.  I have had HughesNet for over 2years to make sure I gave it a fare try.  Well, that being said, HughesNet has tried me and I am so sick of the service that HughnesNet provides. We have had numerous calls and even visits from them, with no success.  I am a patient person, but this service, in a world of Internet is the absolute worst ever. We have changed data plan 3 times and uploaded coins or tokens what ever it is... DOES NOT HELP!!!   IT IS THE WORST SERVICE OUT THERE, HANDS DOWN!!!!    The buffering, buffering, buffering is not related to the COVID-19 over load.  This goes on continuously with HughesNet.  It takes us 2hrs to watch any kind of movie no matter what it comes from.  Yes, I am looking to find another service that works 100 percent better.  So, I do not recommend HughesNet AT ALL!!!!  

maratsade

This is not a social media site. You seem to have a grievance against HughesNet, and if you want to air your grievance, take it to the sites that are made for the purpose, or use the grievance procedure outlined in the subscriber agreement. The purpose for this particular site is tech and account support. Unless you have a tech or account support request, please resist the temptation to tag onto conversations to add irrelevant information, as this helps no one, least of all you.

Greene wrote:

I could not resist to tag onto this conversation.  

GabeU

@Greene 

Why this ever needs to be said is beyond me, but this is a support community, like the title suggests.  It's not social media.  If you simply want to rant, please do it elsewhere.  If you want support, please ask for it.  If you want to give it, please do.  But again, please treat this support community as it is... a support community.

I am supporting others that have HughesNet to let them know the truth.  This is support, because HughesNet don't give support that is needed for the consurmers.

GabeU

@Liz 

Just wondering if it would be best to close this thread.

maratsade

This is not that kind of support site. You're giving emotional support, not tech support.  For emotional support and to agree with others and their experiences, you'd do more good if you went to social media.  This is not the right site for what you want to do. 

Greene wrote:

I am supporting others that have HughesNet to let them know the truth.  This is support, because HughesNet don't give support that is needed for the consurmers.

Hi beatlebye,

Thanks for posting, it seems your thread has gotten derailed so I will close this. If you would like to work with the community in addressing your concerns, you may follow Gabe's suggestion in his initial reply.

I will also leave this here, as the information may be of use to you and anyone else reading who may have similar concerns.

We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with your service. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, traffic on the HughesNet network has increased dramatically. We have adjusted the network to help improve performance during this time of increased usage, and our engineers are working around the clock to optimize the network for all our customers.

To fix the problem you are experiencing, please try the steps below.

Adjust your streaming app/device settings:

Adjust your HughesNet settings:

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Timglossup13

I feel you. We have had this service for 3 months and it's the worst I have ever seen. We can hardly use internet for our phones or t.v. try to watch a movie on demand and buffering for an hour and download on 5 minutes of the movie. Thanks for sharing, I thought I was alone.
maratsade

This is not a sharing site -- it is a tech support site, so you'd benefit a lot more if you created your own ticket and got troubleshooting started to determine the cause of your buffering issues, which may be different from the other subscriber's. 

Timglossup13 wrote:
I feel you. We have had this service for 3 months and it's the worst I have ever seen. We can hardly use internet for our phones or t.v. try to watch a movie on demand and buffering for an hour and download on 5 minutes of the movie. Thanks for sharing, I thought I was alone.