cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

Highlighted

Buffering

I just want to watch a Netfix show without buffering.  Have new Netgear router & Roku.

5 REPLIES 5
Assistant Professor

Re: Buffering

Do a search on here. It's been answered thousnds of times.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

I personally find that having an intermediary device (such as a Roku or Firestick) interferes with streaming.  I have virtually no problems when streaming through a laptop connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.  Your experience may vary, though.   

You could also try turning off the Video Data Saver, but that can eat a lot of data very fast. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@dlast

If you can, try lowering the definition at the source.  If you can't, or you want to stream in full HD, you're most likely going to need to turn off, or snooze, the Video Data Saver.  With that said, as alluded to by maratsade, streaming in HD can use a lot of data, as in 3GB or more per hour.  

If you're utilizing the WiFi of a 3rd party router, make sure to disable the WiFi in the HughesNet modem so that there are no signal conflicts.  See "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Make sure to disable each radio individually, as in uncheck the SSID Enable for the 2.4GHz radio, then click Save Settings.  Then do the same for each of the three remaining radios, individually.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Good morning dlast,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope the suggestions provided above helped! If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->