cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

sv13626
Freshman

Buffering

Looks to me that there is issues with buffering while streaming in this forum.  We just recieved Hugesnet Monday and it is difficult to even watch TV.  We live in a area where this is our only option.   So what is going to work best for me long term?  LAN to smart tv or a wifi booster.  

I may be also working from home a couple days a week in the immediate future and will need a decent connection to my computer for this.  

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Buffering

Anything data intensive will put stress on your network; also, satellite internet is not ideal for streaming. You may want to consider satellite TV, which works differently, uses no data, and offers hundreds of channels, including premium channels like HBO. 

Try connecting your TV directly to the modem via LAN cable and see if that improves the experience. 

sv13626
Freshman

So do you need internet for satellite TV for your smart tv to work?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It depends. I have satellite TV and my TV is not connected to the internet, yet I have hundreds of channels that play just fine with no buffering.  But if you connect your TV to the internet and try to watch, say, Netflix, you will find the buffering issues return.  

sv13626
Freshman

Thanks for your help, I will do some investigating on the satellite TV