Bug report

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

Bug report

I exclusively use this vendor for all of our store bought pet food for many years.

www.onlynaturalpet.com

I must keep a credit card on file with them for some auto-delivery payments but I use virtual account numbers that are time and dollar limited. Consequently, I must access their credit card system regularly to add a new virtual account number.

For the past three months I've been unable to do this with my Hughes connection using any computer with any of the 3 or 4 browsers installed on each computer. Rebooting the modem doesn't help nor does disabling Web Acceleration.

Here's what happens. When I access the form, within one second it crashes from the useful form seen here

onp cc vz.JPG

to this useless form with no controls and missing many fields.

onp cc screen.JPG

Fortunately I discovered a few days ago I have a workaround. Another internet provider. When I use my Vz internet to connect a computer to the store, it's no problem but this is an issue that needs to be repaired. I may not always have an alternate internet provider but my dogs and cats will always need to eat.

38 REPLIES 38
GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz. I'm afraid I don't understand how the problem can be with the website. If I cannot reproduce the error using three different internet providers (who aren't Hughes) how can the site be broken?

I don't give a hoot about the timeouts or the 504 errors because I don't see them with any ISP, including Hughes. Did my issue get derailed to the cannot connect errors? Why would I need to use screenshots contained in this thread when the only ones that are the slightest bit relevant to my issue are the ones I posted?

The only problem I can ever find is when using Hughes. That is the immediately truncating card entry popup screen. It's still broken at this moment but only when I connect with Hughes.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Just a wild guess, but possibly something to do with the high latency on satellite and the website server settings? Only thing at this point that comes to mind and Hughes can't do anything about that on their end. Possibly there is some adjustment possible on the vendor's side. Maybe they did an adjustment on their end when this started happening?

I'm just throwing it out here for consideration.

I'm not able to reproduce the truncated form screen because I'm never able to access it, not via HughesNet or any of the connections I've tried (Verizon FIOS, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon cellular). I've already contacted the website with my own findings to bring it to their attention.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz,

Did they tell you anything yet?

I don't understand how it's possible for you to see the inaccessible errors using 5 different ISP while I still haven't been able to see those errors using 4 different ISP.

Hi GW,

I don't know what's going on with ONP's site that's causing all this. I've had no luck getting the credit card page to work right on anything, regardless of ISP.

All I got from ONP's support was this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Only Natural Pet.

I’m very sorry for the trouble you were having updating your credit card online! We are more than happy to assist you with this. We can be reached at 888-937-6677 between the hours of 7am to 5pm MST Monday through Friday.

I have also submitted your notes to my IT team to look into why this may be happening.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz,

All they ever tell me is they report the issue. Last time I told them the issue I experience is exclusive to my usage with HughesNet. Same answer from them but nothing ever happens.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I just tried again, over 4G LTE on my AT&T phone...  Same error I got last time...  This is certainly something on their end, not Hughesnet.  It has been replicated too many times on too many devices through too many different internet providers.

38204189_1961644533875107_7672477118843846656_n.png

Hi GW,

Thanks for the update. I know that's frustrating, I got a generic reply too saying they'll look into it. I also offered to provide any other info if they needed it for their investigation, but they never replied back to me. I hope they get it sorted out.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Funny how in all the years I do business with these people I've never seen an error like these no connect errors. I still cannot find this type of error even though I've looked with four different ISP. HughesNet always works perfectly for me until I get to the add/edit a credit card screen.

I just used my phone to access their m. site directly rather than use it tethered to a real computer. No problem. No problem accessing their mobile site with HughesNet either.

onp mobile site.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

I just learned how to make a screenshot on my phone.

I think you people who can't access the ONP site have device or browser problems. No other way to explain it when I cannot ever see the errors you see no matter how many ways I try. I can't make it happen.

Screenshot_20180730-143418.png

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Uhh, sorry, not having issues with my phone, nor the service, nor the browser my phone is using.

Simply put, multiple people are experiencing this issue, on multiple devices and browsers, this is not a Hughesnet specific issue.  IMO, Case Closed.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Charles, you are looking at a completely different problem that's irrelevant to me. Yours is a problem I don't see, have never seen and probably never will see. A problem that doesn't exist for me using 4 different ISP while connecting over a 100 mile range of Gulf Coast on 8 computers, 2 tablets, 2 Samphone, an iPhone and a wide variety of different browsers  The problem you can't see is definitely a HughesNet induced issue. You would never know it, however, because you can't access the site to open an account and test the credit card edit/entry screen that pops up and truncates only when using HughesNet. The problem you and Liz experience must be geographical and due to the routing problems Mark J. Fine identified. Again, absolutely not an issue for me since I have no problems accessing the site. Regardless, these problems must be experienced by a very small number of customers or the comnpany would be in trouble and would not brush it off like they did with Liz. 

BirdDog has provided the only plausible/potential cause of this problem I experience. Fortunately, my small issue is easily rectified by simply switching to another ISP. Any ISP that is not HughesNet.

Please do close your case and stop contributing that which remains completely irrelevant to the original problem as I stated.

GW
Advanced Tutor

I called on my two brothers who live in different parts of the country to test this out for me. Both have AT&T 4G wireless and AT&T home service.

I gave them my username and password for the site. Both of them were able to access the site, log into my account and see the proper non-truncating credit card screen with both wireless and terrestrial internet providers.

Morte evidence this is a HughesNet issue that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for the additional details, GW, I can see how you would think that. Let me shoot this development over to engineering for their input. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Thanks Liz. I forgot to mention I was in Michigan last month helping my brother in law and checked the ONP site using his Midwest Energy fiber internet and my notebook. No problem there either. The credit card screen worked as designed.

GW
Advanced Tutor

That was on this internet. Just another example of problem-free service that isn't HughesNet.mich fiber.jpg

Hi GW,

Got an update from the engineer who investigated this, this is out of our hands, unfortunately:

When I tried to access the webpage, even I couldn’t open it. This issue occurs because of one of the website hosting servers having issues. That’s why both user and us (east coast) can’t access, but their relatives from different parts could access the page. Just to validate I installed VPN and I could successfully access those pages. So please request the customer to reach out to the website administrator to fix this issue.

Just a wild guess.   Is your browser running any addons?

I'm runniing Firefox with a popup blocker, a java script blocker. and an ad blocker  ( anything to save data ).   Disabling one or more of these for the site i'm having trouble with usually will fix the problem.