cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report

Highlighted

Re: Bug report

Good morning folks,

Thanks for your input, Mark. I didn't think to run a traceroute when I tested the site at home. I also tested at another person's house in Virginia, although we both have Verizon. I got the same error messages I've been getting while testing here. I'm going to escalate to our engineers to see if they can at least reach out to Level 3 if they also agree that this is an upstream issue.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Good morning GW, 

Engineering got back to me and also confirmed they were able to reproduce these errors, so they also believe this is something the natural pet site admins need to address. Feel free to use the screenshots from this thread to use in your escalations to them. I'll also submit a ticket with my screenshots--having multiple people report the same thing might gain better traction.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Tutor

Hi Liz. I'm afraid I don't understand how the problem can be with the website. If I cannot reproduce the error using three different internet providers (who aren't Hughes) how can the site be broken?

I don't give a hoot about the timeouts or the 504 errors because I don't see them with any ISP, including Hughes. Did my issue get derailed to the cannot connect errors? Why would I need to use screenshots contained in this thread when the only ones that are the slightest bit relevant to my issue are the ones I posted?

The only problem I can ever find is when using Hughes. That is the immediately truncating card entry popup screen. It's still broken at this moment but only when I connect with Hughes.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Just a wild guess, but possibly something to do with the high latency on satellite and the website server settings? Only thing at this point that comes to mind and Hughes can't do anything about that on their end. Possibly there is some adjustment possible on the vendor's side. Maybe they did an adjustment on their end when this started happening?

I'm just throwing it out here for consideration.

Highlighted

I'm not able to reproduce the truncated form screen because I'm never able to access it, not via HughesNet or any of the connections I've tried (Verizon FIOS, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon cellular). I've already contacted the website with my own findings to bring it to their attention.

Highlighted
Tutor

Hi Liz,

Did they tell you anything yet?

I don't understand how it's possible for you to see the inaccessible errors using 5 different ISP while I still haven't been able to see those errors using 4 different ISP.

Highlighted

Hi GW,

I don't know what's going on with ONP's site that's causing all this. I've had no luck getting the credit card page to work right on anything, regardless of ISP.

All I got from ONP's support was this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Only Natural Pet.

I’m very sorry for the trouble you were having updating your credit card online! We are more than happy to assist you with this. We can be reached at 888-937-6677 between the hours of 7am to 5pm MST Monday through Friday.

I have also submitted your notes to my IT team to look into why this may be happening.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with!

Highlighted
Tutor

Hi Liz,

All they ever tell me is they report the issue. Last time I told them the issue I experience is exclusive to my usage with HughesNet. Same answer from them but nothing ever happens.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

I just tried again, over 4G LTE on my AT&T phone...  Same error I got last time...  This is certainly something on their end, not Hughesnet.  It has been replicated too many times on too many devices through too many different internet providers.

38204189_1961644533875107_7672477118843846656_n.png

Highlighted

Hi GW,

Thanks for the update. I know that's frustrating, I got a generic reply too saying they'll look into it. I also offered to provide any other info if they needed it for their investigation, but they never replied back to me. I hope they get it sorted out.