cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Download Speed Has Become Unusable

Highlighted

Re: Business Download Speed Has Become Unusable

You're very welcome, John.

The latest update I see for you is that someone will reach out to you this morning regarding concerns, and that we will investigate where the breakdown was in handling your case. I do apologize for that, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Feel free to post here with your updates on this case, and whether you are contacted by phone.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Update:
Winfrey, the Hughes tech/mgr./engineer called and we had a good conversation. He told me all looked good on my system today getting about 17 mbps download speeds at that time (1045 a.m.). I explained to him the main problem in the last couple of months have been the afternoon/evening speeds. He instructed me to call in to the front line if I get into the kbps speeds again and have them test via testmy.net and update my case so he can consult with engineering. He also asked me to be patient while there is a transition underway to the new Jupiter 2 Satellite? He said big changes are coming in March and speeds will increase, larger data plans, better reliability, new modem (ht2000w), etc. Winfrey has scheduled a follow-up call for 2-21-17 at 3:00 PM.

Satellite internet access is amazing technology when it works and I look forward to resuming a more consistent service. Thanks for your efforts within this community to help communicate my concerns.
John
Highlighted

Wonderful, thank you for this update, John! Glad to have helped.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Weekend blues. Have not been able to get above 1 mbps download, getting mostly around 500 kbps. It's a warm, sunny day here in middle Tennessee.
Highlighted

Uh oh. I'd keep record of your experiences and any troubleshooting you may have tried so you can let Winfrey know during the followup call tomorrow.

-Liz

Highlighted

Good luck John.  We've been on Hughesnet for one year now.  I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet of every time I've called them regarding the slow download speeds in the evening.  It contains case numbers, name of rep I spoke to, and download speeds and steps they are willing to take to resolve the issue.  It is so frustrating to work all day only to come home to internet speeds in the kbps range.  All they ever do is "escalate" your issue.  I've learned that it is only "Hughesspeak babble" to make you think they are actually doing something.  I finally had one engineer admit that the satellite is incabable of handling all the traffic in the evenings when more people are online. Hopefully the new satellite will resolve this issue but after a year of putting up with their nonsense I'm dubious, at best.  My biggest complaint with this company is that they are charging me $80 per month for their top plan and I am NOT getting what I am paying for.  If I'm paying for 15mbps then I should get at least 1/2 of that consistently.  Sorry to take over your page...I just get so frustrated!
Highlighted
Freshman

Stemmy,
Feel your pain. Been going round and round on download speeds since December. Until that time the Business Plan service had been fairly consistent and reliable. I've been working with one of their engineers recently who is trying to help. Still have very good speeds in the morning then after mid afternoon through the evening download speeds are usually in kbps. He said I need to call back, start a new case, speed tests, escalation, etc. Don't have time to do this so much. Hughes gave me a credit and the engineer asked me to be patient as big improvements are coming in the 2nd quarter. Doesn't do me much good now as we have to transfer large video/graphics files everyday for our business. Good luck. John
Highlighted
Freshman

Here we go again: Business Download Speed Has Become Unusable

Case number: 57531800.

3-12-17, 1030 (Winfrey said to start a new case when speeds dipped in to kbps.)

Last two weeks a.m. is good/great with speeds up to 21 mbps download. Afternoon, usually after 3 p.m. CST is  1 or 2 mbps download, dipping to kbps into the evening, usually shut down around 8 pm CST.  Tested with and without router in line, Rebooted Modem & Router, Tech rebooted modem and system refresh. Please call me Winfrey. I've been patient as you requested.

Sunday, 10:40, all in kilobytes

Download: (via testmy.net)

390 kbps

635 kbps

415 kbps

364 kbps

810 kbps

600 kbps

1057 After reboots on modem, router, and computer:

464kbps

579kbps, tech said he’s getting 9mbps (don’t understand this)

249 kbps

521 kbps

Upload:

1 mbps

1.1 mbps

1057 After reboots on modem, router, and computer:

1 mbps

He said equipment checks out. Service call needed? New equipment needed?. Radio and Modem replaced in February.

Highlighted

Re: Here we go again: Business Download Speed Has Become Unusable

Hi John,

Thanks for posting, let me get this info over to our enterprise department ASAP. I'll post back if I have any news to share, otherwise I would expect to hear from someone in that department.

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Here we go again: Business Download Speed Has Become Unusable

download speeds.jpg

Hey Liz, Winfrey was supposed to call me yesterday at 3 PM cdt time to discuss/troubleshoot my slow afternoon/evening speeds. He did not call. Might of been out sick? Would you track him down please. As you can see by the attached the afternoon/evening speeds are not very good, still. Hard to do work at that rate. Thanks, John

Thanks, John