cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business WebAccess and Load Times Unusable

Freshman

Business WebAccess and Load Times Unusable

I am a business service customer who switched from the other provider due to slow speed making the service worthless. The Hughes service is better but still not acceptable for business use.
I understand all the limitations with satellite service and how latency affects response time of websites but the poor performance across all services seems to be a problem that I hope can be addressed. Based on speed tests (both Hughes and Testmynet, my download speed is strong (40+) but download .01-.1) and latency (950-1400) is terrible. This is making website interaction, WiFi calling and streaming pretty much impossible.
Doing any business during the work day is a big issue so I want to know how this can be addressed.
I have started logging results with testmynet today and will post the link when I have the 3-5 test results but in the meantime.....any suggestions?
My receive signal strength is 106 which should be good. I’ve tried connection the business of directly to the Hughes modem with no improvement. Not sure what else to do. WiFi phone calls will not work due to the slow upload, the other person cannot hear me but I hear them fine.
Thanks,
Bruce.
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Business WebAccess and Load Times Unusable

@bcs001 

Unfortunately, the tech support offered in this community is primarily for residential subscribers.  What the reps here can help with is limited when it comes to business accounts, and it's very unlikely that they'll be able to help with any of the stated issues you're experiencing.  However, you can still get help by calling HughesNet's Business Tech Support at 800-347-3272.

Regarding the WiFi calling, because of the various methods used by HughesNet to help mitigate the problems caused by the high latency inherent to geostationary satellite internet, HughesNet doesn't support it.  That doesn't mean that no one can get it to work, but only that it's not supported.  Still, Business Tech Support may have some suggestions.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Freshman

I took your suggestion Gabe and worked with enterprise tech support last weekend trying to resolve my upload speed issue.  Their conclusion after resetting the gateway and other "troubleshooting" steps is that I have a hardware problem with my modem since only upload speed is affected.  I'm going to call B.S. on that but the technician is coming out later today to do some troubleshooting.

Is the community seeing this kind of issue where the downloads are strong (40-45 mbps) but uploads are 0.1 - 0.3 mbps? I get very similar results using three differernt speedtest sites/apps, both hardwired and over my WiFi.

The signal strength is good and all system/modem diagonostic test are passing.

Distinguished Professor IV

@bcs001 wrote:

Is the community seeing this kind of issue where the downloads are strong (40-45 mbps) but uploads are 0.1 - 0.3 mbps? I get very similar results using three differernt speedtest sites/apps, both hardwired and over my WiFi.

When it comes to speed issues, what we normally see on here is has to do with download speed, but it's not often where we see a situation in which download is speed is good, or even great, but the upload speed is not.  I wouldn't say it's exceedingly rare, but it's not often seen.  

Hopefully the'll be able to effect a remedy.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro