Cable Connectivity Problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyLameIsName
Freshman

Cable Connectivity Problem?

Hi, long time customer, first time community poster.

So, the last couple days, our internet has quit working multiple times, lasting a varying amount of time, between seconds and hours.

On the System Control page, the light general turns red, and then yellow as it's coming back on, and eventually back to green. I've gotten the state codes, 11.3.1 11.2.1 30.1.1 and 2.1.1 durring these periods, and maybe a few others I didn't write down.

I also noticed I sometimes get "Cable Connectivity Failed" when running the Built-In Self Test, even when things are working.

I've done a few reboots and checked the cables to make sure they're plugged in and tightened. No problems there. The reboots don't seem to help most of the time.

I've also not had decent speed for months, which I figured was because of increased network traffic in relation to Covid-19. But I guess that could also be in part because of a bad cable maybe?

I was thinking about replacing the cable, but I figured I should probably post and see if there's any other opinions on what the problem/solution could be first.

Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MyLameIsName 

The 2.1.1 State Code does suggest that there may be something wrong with the cable.  However, the only way to know for sure is for the reps to run remote diagnostics on your system to see if there is an indication of that type of issue, or whatever it may be that's going on.  Unfortunately, the reps are normally on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  So, unless Damian is still online, which he sometimes is later at night, you probably won't hear from a rep until Monday.  

If it is a cable issue, the work should be performed by an authorized HughesNet tech.  This is especially the case if you're a lease customer.  

Hopefully you'll hear someone before then, but again, it's more likely that you'll not get a reply until Monday.  😞

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

Guess I should've posted sooner haha, but thanks for the info. I suppose I'll check back Monday to see what the reps say.
GabeU

@MyLameIsName 

I apologize, but I should have also mentioned that you can call phone support at 866-347-3292 to see if they can help you.  Your hold time, however, may end up being significant due to the increase in calls as a result of more people being home because of the pandemic, and because of them being shorthanded due to the same.

With that said, however, I'd wait to see what the reps here can do for you (I know you already said you were going to).  You may very well have a better outcome.  I say this because of the reps here having greater abilities than the Tier 1 phone reps.  The reps here are also corporate reps based in the US.  🙂

@MyLameIsName,

Thank you for providing me with this information. After running diagnostics it appears there is an issue with cable connectivity which does need to be corrected. On top of this, I see there are thunderstorms in your area off and on. Because there is no remote way for us to tell if the weather is causing this specific issue or not, we can send a technician out with the directive to replace/repair the cable. The technicians on-site troubleshooting will also be able to confirm the root of the actual issue. Because we are also seeing low signal quality for the dish, a re-point may be performed. 

If you would like this, please private message me with days and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Because of this, I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match the closest. Also, please include a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair, in your private message to me. This person does not have to be yourself, but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian 

I don't suppose you could give me an idea how much repairs will be? I'm not currently working and the budget is kinda tight with everything going on right now.

@MyLameIsName,

Due to your current circumstance, we are willing to support you with this fee. Once you provide the information, I will research the specific options we have available regarding the price. I will not submit anything until you are made aware of this first. 

-Damian 

GabeU

I'm still hoping you'll get a reply today.  

@Liz  @Damian 

Damian

@MyLameIsName,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I apologize for the delay in response. Due to the nature of this state code, I will need to run remote diagnostics. Resolving this state code may require the help of an onsite technician.

Please private message me the phone number associated with your account so that I can begin running these diagnostics. I will update you as soon as this is completed. 

-Damian