cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable error is not the problem

Kennywolford
New Poster

Cable error is not the problem

My system started shutting down for a few hours every afternoon last week and finally, had no uplink or downlink at all for 2 days. Called customer support and ran through all of the reboot protocol which I had already done. The error when connecting to the modem by iP is 3.1.1 cable error. I was told by customer support that they would have to send out a tech at my cost to rebuild the system which is unacceptable as this isn't the first time this has happened. The reason that I know it isn't a cable error is that I have power right by the dish and was able to hook the modem up within 2 feet of the feedhorn/lnb and still got the same error. Leads me to believe that i have a bad modem or a bad LNB. How do I figure out which is the case and have HughesNet replace without paying a contractor to take care of a problem that is from HughesNet?

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Cable error is not the problem

Kenny, your best bet is to wait until the HughesNet reps on this site  take a look at your case and make a determination about what's going on and how to address it.  They will be back next week, but in the meantime, it would help if you posted case numbers, if you have them.  Not mandatory, but it would speed up the process. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kennywolford 

No matter what the ultimate cause is, it's still likely to require a tech to come out and troubleshoot the issue to fix it.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
gokartergo24
Tutor

Cable error can be the modem or the radio or the cable.  A tech needs to come out to figure out which it is.. Only way to tell is onsite..

Remy

Kennywolford,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community! As Gabe, Maratsade, and Gokartergo stated, we'll likely need to get a technician out to your location to see what's going on. However, I was unable to find the account attached to your Community profile. Please send a private message to this link, with your account number or a phone number attached!

Thanks,

Remy

Liz

Good morning Kennywolford,

Thanks for reaching out. I see the complimentary tech Remy dispatched completed his visit on the 11th, so I'm closing this thread. Feel free to reach out again if you have other concerns.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!