Hughesnet Community

Called customer service on 7 January due to no internet and the issue is still not fixed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spatzofwa

Called customer service on 7 January due to no internet and the issue is still not fixed

Would like to cancel my service and have the fee waived. Since I have had the service installed I have had nothing but issues. Most of them caused by the bad installation and lack of technical support.

Currently the dish is out of alignment again.

Below is the previous conversation.

Called customer service due to loss of internet or 7 Jan . First agent tellss me it was because it was overcast, not raining or stormy, just overcast. Talked to second agent and they figured it was a mis-alignment of the dish. Was supposed to have service call. Nothing yet. So far this service has been down more than it has been up. I would like to talk to someone about getting out of the contract due to no service and that the agent told me that the internet will not work during overcast skies.
Photo of spatzofwa
spatzofwa
2 Posts 0 Reply Likes frustrated
Posted 1 month ago
UN-ME TOO
UNFOLLOW
ALL 3 REPLIES
1 month ago
Photo of Liz
Liz, Official Rep
7407 Posts 1640 Reply Likes
Good morning spatzofwa,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate further and I see you've already confirmed your site visit this morning via text. Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Liz
1 month ago
Photo of spatzofwa
spatzofwa
2 Posts 0 Reply Likes
The tech came out today and stated that he had never tightened the bolts on the satellite dish and this is why since November we have only had 400k download speed. That is pretty unacceptable. Also the service company never called me until after I put in the complaint with you. Is there any recourse for Nov-Jan since it was the fault of the installer that I had very poor or no internet?
1 month ago
Photo of Liz
Liz, Official Rep
7407 Posts 1640 Reply Likes
Good morning spatzofwa,

Thank you for this update. I'm sorry to hear that, I've credited your account for this oversight at installation. Please don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
2 REPLIES 2
spatzofwa

Currently have no internet again. Was told by technician on phone it must be due to bad weather (nothing but overcast skies). I tried to tell her about the problems I have been having but she said she could not communicate with my modem and could not verify the problem but if it persisted then I should call back.
spatzofwa

If this is not where I need to ask for this please let me know.