Caller ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mybrockytop
Freshman

Caller ID

My caller ID reads "Anonymous.  Private Number" on ALL incoming calls, even from my cell phone to home.  It has been working up until yesterday (5/9/22).  I've had HughesNet and Voice for several years. 

8 REPLIES 8
Damian

@mybrockytop,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community. Please allow me a bit of time to review your account and our resources to help with this issue. I will also check for any ongoing issues regarding this. 

Damian

@mybrockytop,

I was unable to find any reports of other customers experiencing this. That mean that this is an isolated issue. Before we begin troubleshooting, please power cycle the ATA unit for 30 seconds. The best method is to unplug the ATA from the wall outlet or power strip. Wait for about 30 seconds and plug it back in. It may take up to a minute to fully power back on. Once you have done that, try calling from your own cellphone and let me know if the issue was fixed. 

No, this does not work.  I talked to tech support 6 times and they sent a new voice box.  The phone part of it never worked and was not able to call or receive calls.  The internet part was iffy, at best.  I am still experiencing the same issue.  Going on now for 2 days.  I have requested repair service, which is scheduled; however, the tech agent told me i had to pay $125 for service even though I pay for express repair.  She said I had to "troubleshoot" with her before I could get a repair person for a low price.  I told her I have troubleshoot with 3 other persons, on chat and on the phone, and got nowhere.  I am not happy with HughesNet right now. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Very frustrating indeed, but hang in there and please give @Damian a chance to look into all of this when he comes back next week.  He may be able to implement a different solution. 

@mybrockytop,

Thank you for your patience and I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue.  Because your internet service impaired it is likely causing the phone system to not work properly. While I understand troubleshooting for the 4th time is redundant, it is standard produce to warrant a technician with the express repair price. Without troubleshooting first, the repair falls under "customer requested" which is not covered by express repair. I am confident that once the technician repairs the service, the VOIP system should work as designed. If everything is working fine after the repair yet you are still receiving the same issue with private numbers, we will be able to escalate the case to our advanced technical support. That department is a last stop for the most difficult cases. In order to get there we do need to rule out everything that could be causing this which is why we can do this after the repair takes place. 

-Damian 

I believe the replacement part that was sent to me is defective.  I reconnected the old one, the original voice box.  The repair guy is on his way now to see what is going on.  I still believe it is poor customer support to charge someone $125 for repair after the customer has spent over a week (since May 9) trying to resolve this issue.  It has been a totally exasperating experience. I'm 72 years old and not a techie.  

Update:  The repair guy fixed my problem; however, he had to call another support person to get the issue fixed.  This issue was well beyond troubleshooting over the phone with someone I could barely understand.  

@mybrockytop,

I apologize for the additional steps but I am glad to hear everything was resolved. Please reach out again if you ever need anything else.