Callers voice on other end of call is garbled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustaMinute
New Poster

Callers voice on other end of call is garbled

Similar problem to others - Issue happens whether I call someone or receive a call.

In all cases, I can be clearly heard (I ask) but I get varying levels of digital artifacts that get to the point of being completely unintelligible.

Problem has been off ond on for at least a month, and lately was getting worse.

I opened a trouble ticket, asked to just use a corded phone rahter than wireless with an answering machine.

After 24 hours - No difference at all.

Called back - Voice support was very nice - sent some commands to modem, checked my cable connections, had me shut down ./ restart...

Same problem - Callers hear me fine, I occasionally get a clear spot for a few words and then garbled again.

Not often, I get a clear call if it's very short in duration.  

The issue seems to be the same as last year when it took several months to get a software patch installed for a permanent fix.

I found on the forum that a temp patch could be requested, and it worked for a short time, but had to be redone at frequent intervals.

The issue has cropped up in perfect blue sky weather, day or night, warm or cold. 

I kinda doubt it's environmental.  It isn't the same wireless answering machine and phones that have been working fine, and sometimes do work fine, and I've proved that because the same issue happens with a corded phone.

The last time the problem was caused by an installed software upgrade that was a clear failure.

It sounds like the same thing happened again.

Is there a work around to this problem?  It doesn't seem to be isolated.

I've opened two different tickets

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I've reached out to you, IQneQ4U in a private message. In order to keep our community organized, I'll be closing this thread to replies. 

JustaMinute - if you encounter the voice issues again please feel free to create a new thread and tag me on it so I can assist you.

Thank you

Amanda

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10