cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not get Facebook to load

Re: Can Not get Facebook to load

Ok.. New issue..  I have been able to get it to run on the computer, but now (after reconnecting the router) I can not get it to load on my tablet and phone...  Works fine when connected to Cellular data from AT&T..   At this point, I have just about had it with Hughes.. I have been a loyal customer of almost 7 years..  I keep getting things via email and postal mail urging me to upgrade, and the offer they give me is $10 a month for 12 months.. with a 2 year contract!!!!  I am about to say screw this and go get a mobile hotspot and may spring for a signal booster..  For what I am paying Hughes, I can afford the extra data!!!   Way to treat your loyal customers hughes

Hi John,

Glad to see Facebook is loading normally from the computer now! Since the issue popped up again after re-introducing the router, could you please reset the router and let me know on which devices you can access Facebook (PC, phone, tablet)?

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Also, please let me know your router's model and if its firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Facebook and Facebook messenger are fast for me I have noticed snapchat takes a while to load at times probably because of the pictures
Highlighted

Its Back happening again... Router disconnected.. Reconnected.. Turbo page reset.. Far as I know the Router is fine... Have about had it.. Every other web page is working fine.. This is a issue on hughes end no matter how you want to blame my system for the problem...   I will be checking into a wifi hotspot from ATT tomorrow!!!! 

Hi John,

I'm trying to help address your concerns. Our diagnostics are indicating that there may be something on the network side, which is why I want to be sure that your router is up-to-date. Your previous post stating "I have been able to get it to run on the computer, but now (after reconnecting the router) I can not get it to load on my tablet and phone" tells me that we should examine the router. If you let us know your router model, we can point you in the right direction to check on its firmware and how to update it if needed.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

I am having the same problem, and have tried all the suggestions in this and other forums.  I even reset and updated my router.  Facebook still not working.

liz, i have been having this same problem for several months now.... sometimes FB works... sometimes it doesnt work... i could go weeks with out a problem, then usually at night, 10pm till midnight, that is when i can not access FB... always same thing, page cant be displayed. when i run the "try to fix the problem" it always says the same thing, "the remote device or resource wont accept the connection   call your internet provider"  of course this is always going on midnight, and who wants to be on hold for tech support at that time, when in the morning, i know it will work again.  well this time, it started yesterday morning, and it is still down... so i now know it is time to call for help.. i was on the phone for several hours with support... they were very nice, but they could not fix it... so then i was to transferred to some one higher up that would be able to fix it... i was connected to home tech support...  after explaining to them the problem, he assured me he could fix it... the catch.. it cost... 129.00 !!!  after crying and explaining to him that i only have a few months to iive, my husband left me and our 2 special need children because he could not deal with my term illness.. (i say he took the coward way out.. his loss) and he also wiped out all our banking and savings leaving us with nothing... (i will have my day in court to hang him) i told him i cant come up with that kind of money.. so here is the deal he made for me... i only have to pay 9.99 right now to fix it, and 9.99 per month for 12 months... ok.. i am desperate.. i did ask him, what if you cant fix it? he assured me that if its broke he can fix it... so now after some time on the phone, and i let him access my computer... he tells me, he is sorry.. it is not a problem with my computer or my settings.. it is a problem with my Hughes net... OMG was i mad and upset... i told him that means i need to call Hughes net back, and tell them to fix it, and i am out the money... (no refund policy)  he told me Hughes net wont be able to fix it either, it is just one of those rare things that happens to some customers.  i asked him is he saying that if i change providers this would fix the problem... he would not answer straight out... but  i did get the hint... so now i am not sure what i am going to do.... i would like to just throw my computer out the front door, but that will not solve anything... i am lost... so i now ask of you liz... where should i go from here?

also.. for all of the rest of you that can not get on facebook... go to, www.betafacebook.com  it will work, it just does not have all the bells and whistles as they say... no games.. no chat... but you can access your news feed and you can post...   Good luck to all... 

this is a hughesnet problem on thier end.  I've down all the step mention in several threads.  with no success .  Facebook isn't not blocking Hughesnet either.   

iam going through same problem... i  posted a few post back about my experience...  so i dont have to retype, i will copy and paste what i have learned....
 i have been having this same problem for several months now.... sometimes FB works... sometimes it doesnt work... i could go weeks with out a problem, then usually at night, 10pm till midnight, that is when i can not access FB... always same thing, page cant be displayed. when i run the "try to fix the problem" it always says the same thing, "the remote device or resource wont accept the connection   call your internet provider"  of course this is always going on midnight, and who wants to be on hold for tech support at that time, when in the morning, i know it will work again.  well this time, it started yesterday morning, and it is still down... so i now know it is time to call for help.. i was on the phone for several hours with support... they were very nice, but they could not fix it... so then i was to transferred to some one higher up that would be able to fix it... i was connected to home tech support...  after explaining to them the problem, he assured me he could fix it... the catch.. it cost... 129.00 !!!  after crying and explaining to him that i only have a few months to iive, my husband left me and our 2 special need children because he could not deal with my term illness.. (i say he took the coward way out.. his loss) and he also wiped out all our banking and savings leaving us with nothing... (i will have my day in court to hang him) i told him i cant come up with that kind of money.. so here is the deal he made for me... i only have to pay 9.99 right now to fix it, and 9.99 per month for 12 months... ok.. i am desperate.. i did ask him, what if you cant fix it? he assured me that if its broke he can fix it... so now after some time on the phone, and i let him access my computer... he tells me, he is sorry.. it is not a problem with my computer or my settings.. it is a problem with my Hughes net... OMG was i mad and upset... i told him that means i need to call Hughes net back, and tell them to fix it, and i am out the money... (no refund policy)  he told me Hughes net wont be able to fix it either, it is just one of those rare things that happens to some customers.  i asked him is he saying that if i change providers this would fix the problem... he would not answer straight out... but  i did get the hint... so now i am not sure what i am going to do.... i would like to just throw my computer out the front door, but that will not solve anything... i am lost... so i now ask of you liz... where should i go from here?

also.. for all of the rest of you that can not get on facebook... go to, www.betafacebook.com  it will work, it just does not have all the bells and whistles as they say... no games.. no chat... but you can access your news feed and you can post...   Good luck to all...