cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer stream Amazon Prime through Fire stick

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Can no longer stream Amazon Prime through Fure stick

We will need the URL to your My Results page from Testmy.net.  Also, be sure to follow the instructions here:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@GailWasiskiMile 

Is this you?  

https://testmy.net/quickstats/GMiles

If so, your speed is adequate, and it further gives credence to the cause of your Amazon Prime issues being congestion.  Your upload speed is a little low, but it's not likely that this is the problem.  

I'm not sure what could be causing the phone connection issues.  Do your other devices stay connected?

Edit:  For reference, if you're asked by a HughesNet rep to run some speed tests for official troubleshooting purposes, please be sure to follow the speed testing instructions and use a LAN cable connected device and disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem.  How to disable the WiFi is included in the instructions.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks. I was doing these from my phone.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Yes..that is my url
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks. I did these tests from my phone. Will do from my desktop tomorrow.
Highlighted
Sophomore

here are my results on my desktop with lan line and wifi disabled

https://testmy.net/quickstats/GMiles

Highlighted

Your download speeds look excellent. Your uploads are pretty rotten, though.  A HN rep may need to check your system remotely. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

ok..should i just call them?

i had called them when this all started and they said everything looked fine lol!

Highlighted

If you're in a rush, then you should call them.  I would wait until a HN rep replies to you here, though. 

It's odd that your upload speeds are so low, but I don't know how or if that affects streaming. 

Highlighted

Hi GailWasiskiMile,

Thank you for working with the community so far, this info has been helpful. I've run diagnostics on your site and everything is working well; 30+ Mbps download and nearly 2 Mbps upload.

Plus all 7 devices on your network currently have a good connection. Please keep in mind that while you're getting over 30 Mbps down right now, that is shared among all connected devices.

If you were to disconnect all devices except for the one you regularly use to stream Amazon, do you notice any difference in streaming performance? 

Also, do you have a 3rd party router or mesh router on the network?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.