Hughesnet Community

Can not access email from Outlook OR macintosh mail!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertOder
Junior

Can not access email from Outlook OR macintosh mail!

I can NOT log onto the email server with either Microsoft Outlook OR Macintosh email.  What gives?

I have called tech support twice today and they are clueless.  They blame it on my equipment.  This is BS.  I have five different computers here and none of them can get in.  I have done the usual rebooting of gateway/router/etc.  

What is up???

Robert Oder

California

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Maratsade, Thank you for checking in with me and so quickly!  I can access my email for one email account from this page (the account I logged into for this site) and log into all three email accounts through the my.hughesnet.com page. On one of the webmail accounts, if I send an email to myself, it doesn't show up on the webmail but comes in to the Mac.  It is also slower mailing out than the other two accounts.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Glad you have some way to access email! I imagine the issues you are experiencing are related to the general email issue HN email techs are working on and trying to solve. Hopefully the issue will be resolved quickly, but technology can be a right bear sometimes, so it may take a while. 😞 

I'm sure the HN reps on this site will chime in if they have questions or updates for you, and I hope you hear soon. 

Thank you for your support, Maratsade! You are a calming influence:)

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@HDD 

This isn't in any way a 'fix' or anything like that, but it might be a good idea to think about setting up a free email account with one of the more popular providers, like Yahoo, Outlook or Gmail, and then using it either on its own webpage or with something like Thunderbird.  Especially the one(s) that is most important, as in being locked out of it for any amount of time could be a real detriment to you.  

One other advantage to this is that, if you ever were to leave HughesNet, you can't take your HughesNet email with you, whereas those providers aren't tied to any particular service and you can use them wherever, whenever and for however long you want.

I've never used HughesNet's email for anything other than notifications from this Community, but I think if I had set up an account for general use I would be seriously thinking of changing it to one of them due to the problems as of late. 

It's just an idea.

Hi GabeU,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think you're right about migrating everything to another provider.  I already have a Protonmail account and will check out your Thunderbird idea, too. The other benefit will be not having emails kicked back after a week or two because of the Hughesnet spam reputation.  

I appreciate your help!

RobertOder
Junior

same problem again today.  what's going on?