cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not log onto Outlook.com for my emails since upgrade to Gen 5

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Can not log onto Outlook.com for my emails since upgrade to Gen 5

@TANatPATS

A couple of things.  First, make sure that you are not now out of data.  A significant speed drop like that could be due to severe congestion, or it may even be weather related (at your gateway, which is in a different state than yours), but it could also be due to having run out of data.  Just check to make sure that's not the case.  

The second thing is, you should disable your WiFi while running the speed tests.  This will ensure that no WiFi connected devices are sapping any bandwidth while you're running the tests.  If you do not know how to disable the WiFi, please see the following (copy/paste from another thread)....

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Hi Gabe U, Thank you for the PDF, did not have that info.  I'm not out of data as I have hardly used any since many web pages don't properly load and  speed tests just hang up and don't complete.

As far as congestion, I NEVER had a problem with my "old" slow Hughesnet.  Since Gen 5 upgrade they made me up grade too I have had nothing but problems logging on, checking emails, forget watching a 1 min. youtube video ect ect.  Why am I paying more for less speed.  ALL wi fi devices turned off while trying to do speed tests.  How do I find where my "gateway" is located???? Thanks Gabe U!

Distinguished Professor I

Good morning TANatPATS,

Thank you for the speed tests and for working with our community regarding your concerns. I ran diagnostics on your site and they indicate that we should try power cycling the modem. Please unplug the HughesNet modem's power cable from its brick or from the wall outlet, wait 30 seconds, then plug back in. Please let me know once you've power cycled the modem so I can run new diagnostics.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Freshman

Hi Liz, I unplugged modem for 1 min.  You can run new diagnostics.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks Pat!

The diagnostics are coming back the same, so I'm shipping you a new modem. In case you need the replacement guide when the new modem arrives, here you go!: https://hninfo.us/replace

Let me know once the modem is up and running so I can run new diagnostics and let me know how it's working out for you in general.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Freshman

Thanks Liz, I will reao I can run new diagnosticsd up on the replacement guide while waiting on the new modem to get here.  Will let you know when it it up & running so you can run new diagnostics.

Thanks,

Pat

I appreciate it, Pat. Looking forward to hearing back.

Freshman

Good Morning Liz, I now have the new modem up and running and ready for you to run new diagnostics.  One thing I noticed this weekend as I was to bury the new line from the satillite dish to the house it that the Tech that installed the Hughes net used the "old" Wild Blu line from the poll to the house, that line is 8 or more years old from previous owner of this home.  WHY would a Hughesnet Tech use a very old line and old connectors from a competitor? I can take a pic if you want.  Also that line was never buried & is too short to bury even 3 inches deep.  PLEASE have a Tech come out & install a new line as I already have a ditch dug to burry it.  Thank you

Freshman

Can't get on many websites, Directv or Tractorsupply.com for a few.  Ran a speed test WOW how slow!

https://testmy.net/db/gErepYd3~

Tried to run a 2nd speed test & it just stopped at 28% at 6:52pm & would not go any further Smiley Sad