Hughesnet Community

Can not send email from phone but receive email fine.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diana Yarnell

Can not send email from phone but receive email fine.

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S6 phone yesterday. But, even my previous phone had the same problem, and that is I received emails from my hughesnet email account fine, but I cannot send emails or reply from the phone. If I go to the website I can send, but not directly from my email button. Is there something I'm missing. Like I said, I receive emails fine, but cannot send. Suggestions and/or help please.
9 REPLIES 9
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are ports and server name setup correctly on phone?

Also user name must include @hughesnet.com
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Double check that your "outgoing" mail server setting have the correct password as a start.

Some time ago Hughes blocked port 25 for security reasons . be sure that port 587 is being used for outgoing mail.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

That danged Dog beat me again !

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Lol, woof, woof......chicken tastes good!    🙂
Diana Yarnell

Well, checked and it's set at 25. I put 587 in and click done and it changes it back to 25. Now what?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

That sounds like glitch with the phone email program. Are you using Standard or SSL port? If SSL then must be 465.

Also may need to delete the account on the phone and recreate it from scratch.
Diana Yarnell

Using standard...looks like I'll be heading back to at&t tomorrow again. At least now I know what the problem is. Get that port changed and should do it. Thank you!
Amanda

How interesting! We're curious as to what is causing that... Do let me know and if I figure out a fix after doing some research today I'll let you know!

Thanks
Amanda
Diana Yarnell

Will do.