cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can smart browsing be turned on and off by the user on the max plan?

Highlighted

Can smart browsing be turned on and off by the user on the max plan?

I wanted to know if I could turn the smart browsing feature on and off in an effort to control when and what my data is used for?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can smart browsing be turned on and off by the user on the max plan?

It will give you about the same as an EDGE connection about 120k-256k which is good for general usage but not for Video or Gaming you should be able to stream music but without video of any sort when throttled.
Alum

Hi ms.venus,

As bill mentioned. Smart browsing doesn't control when and how data is used. It is a feature that allows you to browse the internet much more smoothly once your data allowance has been used up for the month. Many of our community members find that Glasswire is a great tool to see the source of data use on their network. I would suggest looking into this application if you are having trouble figuring out what uses the most data throughout the month. I hope this helps. 

- Chris
New Poster

Why does smart browsing kick in at 8:00 am? I have an internet shop and cannot do ANYTHING when smart browsing kicks in. I still have 86% bonus allowance. Why can't I turn it off????
New Poster

Everything works fine until 8:00 am then goes REAL slow. I have to get up at 4 am to get anything done. My monthly data is 0% but my bonus is 85%.
Honorary Alumnus

The reason it works well until 8 am is because you are drawing from your Bonus Bytes allotment.

You draw from your Anytime Bytes from 8 am to 2 am local

You draw from your Bonus Bytes from 2 am to 8 am local

If you have purchased any Tokens, your will draw from your Token Bytes in the event you run out of Anytime Bytes

If your plan has the SmartBrowse feature and you run out of Anytime data and have no Token Bytes, you will not be throttled as long as your data usage rate remains low ... that is no videos, no file downloads.