Can't Access Tokens

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_W
Freshman

Can't Access Tokens

I want to see if I have a free token and wanted to buy a 5gig token, but when I try to do it either through the website or hughesnet usage meter the options don't show up.Screenshot 2018-08-14 10.22.18.png

26 REPLIES 26
Liz

Hi Adam,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! That does seem odd; prior to this, have you been able to view your tokens and purchase from the Usage Meter or the Support Center website?

When did you first notice that error?

Do you recall making any changes to your account around the same time?

I've pulled up your account and am investigating for you. The screenshot helps a lot so thank you for sharing. I'll post back once I have any updates for you.

Your patience and understanding are appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Last night is when I last noticed the error.  I haven't made any changes to my account, been on the same plan for years.  The last time I bought/used a token was either 2 weeks to a month ago.

OK thank you for the additional info. I've escalated your case to our folks here at corporate to address. I'll keep you posted on their progress.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GMI
New Poster

I have had the same exact issue for two days now and I got the same response from Hughesnet... SO what the heck is going on...??? Is it that Hughesnet wants me to quit using them and move to visat...  If so, maybe they should just come out and say it, becuse I cannot run a business with the only response being we have escalated your case... because that is no answer and it does me no good..

I had to sit in my office until 2 am so I could do our billing while its on the free time between 2 am and 7am... and now again doing the same tonight after startting at 5am Yep a whole 3hrs sleep... I was promised an answer in 24hrs and have not heard anything...  If I cannot get an honest answer later in the morning, then I will seriously figure you no longer want my business and will just move on..!!

Hi GMI,

Welcome and thanks for letting me know, let me get your issue escalated to engineering as well to fix. I'll keep you posted.

GMI
New Poster

Liz for three days now its been a nightmare with no one seeming to have a clue whats going on (which makes absolutely no sense to me)... Did your tech support just up and walk out or something?? I was told today ths issue would be fixed today and Nope still no fix happening..!!!!

So the option to which I was basically forced to end this issue was to upgrade to a new system and new two year contract to end this nightmare...

Personally I thnk their is some kind of forced scam going on to force people into new contracts as my current one is several years expired...!!! Because if the tech support cannot answer questions or fix what should be a simple problem in three days time, then either they are not good at their jobs or this is a forced situation...

So once again I am going to be up in the early hours where its free time to do work I should be able to do during regular business hours...

Later in the morning I am ging to contact Viasat and check out their plans before I fully OK the service tech to come in here and install my upgraded stuff to which they said could be up to 3 more additional days of this nightmare... Seriously bad business on Hughesnet's side!!!

Oh and thanks for the escalation to the tech's... FYI I have heard that escalation term for three days now.. and still nothing changes!!

Just an FYI..  HughesNet engineers are some of the best around. But with satellite. repairs don't happen fast.  It is not land based easy stuff to work on..  Has an Installer I have disconnected 7 Viasat/Exede systems in the last two weeks..  They are having major problems on there new satellite. And there old one is way over sold. I never tell any one what to do..  But if I where you.. I'd try and talk to a few people that have Viasat first.. Also go over to Viasat message boards and read how bad it is right now..

Thank you Liz, I appreicate your replies.  Still having the problem.  Another odd thing is I can't log on through the mobile phone app, maybe because I have an old GEN account maybe?  Never used it before wanted to see if I could have used it as an alternative in buying tokens.

Good morning Adam,

I haven't heard yet from our engineers here at corporate after I escalated your case yesterday, it's likely they haven't had a chance yet to investigate. I wonder if this issue is related to the mobile app not letting you log on? What error message are you getting when you try to log on? If you can get a screenshot of the error that would be great.

Hi Adam,

Nevermind about the mobile app error message, I made an inquiry and got confirmation that the mobile app won't work for legacy customers, I'm sorry. I'm going to ping the engineers here about the main issue you reported so we can get you token access again.

Hey Liz,

I am having the exact same problem as well. I have a case number that I can provide. Was supposed to get a call back today from support, but no luck yet. If I need to start a new thead, let me know.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for letting me know, I pulled up your account to review your notes and confirmed you are seeing the same thing. No need for a new thread, I do appreciate you offering to start your own. In this unusual case, I'd like to keep a track of all the folks affected by the same error in one thread. I'll escalate your case as well.

Hey Liz,

Just received a call from HUghesnet sales saying that tokens were no longer available for Legacy systems and that I had to updgrade to the Gen5. I don't want to upgrade to Gen5 for many reasons. Why have tokens been taken away from Legacy customers?

I hope that ain't true.  If true it would be nice if the company could flat out say it's they are taking the tokens away so I don't think there is something wrong with my service.

Hi Adam, 

You said that you were last able to buy/use a token two weeks or a month ago. Do you recall where you did this? Was this via the Usage Meter downloaded to your computer? Or was this via the Support Center online?

Usage Meter downloaded to my computer.  I've tried both Usage Meter and Support Center online (is blank with no error) to buy a token which is why I created this thread as I had no option to do so.

If it helps, the last time I was able to access tokens on myhughesnet was August 6.

Actually this is what I get when I'm on the website when I click under my usage.  I can't even see my daily/monthly usage as the information doesn't show up.Screenshot 2018-08-21 20.32.21.png

Thanks Adam and Aaron! This helps, I'll send this info over to our folks here at corporate. I'll let you know once I have any news to share.

This feature is gone for good, isn't it?

You guys really want us to upgrade just to get us back into a two year commitment contract, don't you? Seems a bit foolish to go about your business that way when you have customers who have no contractual obligation to you because they timed out, and who could take their business elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I've been happy with my service for some time now. I just wish I could get a straightforward answer.