cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update Account Information

Can't Update Account Information

Over the last two days I have logged in to the Hughes Support Center three times in an attempt to update my account information. I get a "Communication Error" each time.

When I go to the Email or Chat link to try to report the problem it takes me right back to the screen where I got the communication error to begin with.

Why does Hughes make this so difficult?
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can't Update Account Information

Hi Stan,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry you've encountered this error, it's certainly not our intention to make things difficult for you. We want to get this corrected, so please post more details about how this error came up so I can include it into my report to our development team. 

Please let me know if this was the proper sequence of events:

-Click on Billing

-Click on Add/Change Payment Type in the Change Payment Form section

-Fill out information.

-Submit.

-Error message?

If this is incorrect, please let me know at which point you saw the error message above.

On which web browser and version did you experience the error?

Does the error persist in other browsers? If so, which version?

Also, since this feature doesn't seem to be working for you now, I would also suggest to call in to get your credit card information updated at 866.347.3292.

Looking forward to hearing back so we can get this fixed.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thank you Liz,

The sequence you outlined above is exactly what I am attempting to do. And I get the error message exactly at the point you have identified.

The error dialog box says, "Attention; Communication Error: There was an error communicating with the server. Please try this request again."

I have now attempted to update my payment information four times. Doesn't work.

Stan

Sorry Liz. I forgot browser info. I am using Firefox 33.1.1. Have not tried another browser.

Stan

Good morning Stan,

Thank you for the additional information, I'm sending all this to our technical billing team to work on fixing that error. We appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning Stan,

Our development team requires additional information to help address this error. Please let me know if you had a router connected at the time you encountered the errors when trying to update your billing information. Also, on what type of device were you at the time? Laptop, computer? 

Thank you,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Liz,

My home system consists of an Apple Time Capsule connected to my HN9000 modem with an ethernet cable. My understanding from previous inquiries about difficulties is that the HN9000 functions as the router. I have been using a laptop computer connected to the Apple Time Capsule via WiFi.

Thanks,

Stan

Good morning Stan,

Thank you for the additional information. Your Apple Time Capsule is serving as your wifi router, HughesNet modems are not wifi routers. I'll include this information in our report to the developers; your cooperation is much appreciated.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz