Hughesnet Community

Can't access an online course login page due to security certificate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim DeGust

Can't access an online course login page due to security certificate.

I can't access the following web address: https://burroughsschool.digitalchalk.com/dc/guest/login I am able to access it on my tablet if I turn of wifi and use my att data. But I cannot access it on any devise via the hughesnet connection since this morning (it was working fine before). I continually get error messages regarding the security certificate. It is not a malicious site, but rather a legitimate online real estate school which I have paid to access. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I get there just fine. Suggest clearing browser cache and possibly power cycling modem and router for 30 seconds off.

Also what OS and is it up to date? There was a certificate release for Windows recently.
Liz

Good morning Kim,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I was also able to access that login page from our test HughesNet connection as well. I would also suggest following BirdDog's suggestions in clearing your browser cache. (How-to here: refreshyourcache.com)

As for power cycling the modem, try keeping it unplugged for at least 2 minutes so we can be sure the DNS cache is also cleared.

If you have pending Windows updates to be installed, go ahead and install those and see if that makes any difference.

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message you're getting?

Does this error pop up on different sites

Have there been any changes to your system prior to your concerns?

Does disabling Web Acceleration make a difference? (Enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser then follow the steps here to find where to toggle Web Acceleration: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/can_i_enable_disable_my_web_acceleration_myself)

Does this happen in different browsers?

Does this happen even when directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Does power cycling your router make a difference?

Does power cycling your computer make a difference?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are greatly appreciated so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Kim DeGust

The problem occurs in all browsers (ie,chrome and firefox) and on all devices. But no problem if I use my att connection on tablet. Also occurs regardless of windows version. I have Windows 7 Pro on my laptop (installing 3 optional updates just in case.) but same issues with another computer that has Windows 10.

It did work for a while when I rebooted the computer and the modem and deleted the history. However I am having trouble again today. But I don't feel I should have to do this daily or possibly multiple times daily. I will try some of the other suggestions. I hope there is a permanent fix.
Thank you 
Kim DeGust

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is the error Im getting in Chrome