Can't access my Yahoo email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deniseh1
New Poster

Can't access my Yahoo email

For a long time now, I have been having problems accessing my Yahoo email account. Most of the time, if it loads, I constantly get a "no internet connection" error. Lately, it intermittently won't load at all. I have called several times. One time, the engineer admitted a problem and worked to fix it, but the problem has returned and is getting worse. They have also admitted that other people are having the same problem with their Yahoo accounts. I don't have this problem on a different networks.
11 REPLIES 11
Amanda

Hello deniseh1,

Welcome to our community, sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble. Just to make sure we're on the same page, you cannot access Yahoo.com at all, or are you just unable to get past the login screen? I have not heard of any investigations for Yahoo that are ongoing, but I will double check with the engineering team. 

Thanks
Amanda
dianeglueck

I have had the same problem for at least 1 month.  It seemed to happen soon following the latest yahoo security breech.  I can load mail on my phone and tablet just fine over my hughes net wi-fi but not on my desk top.  I have researched any windows 10 issues with no solution. I have reached out to hughes net tech service with no solution, I even purchased additional tokens but that did not correct a thing.  I even took down my wi-fi and connected directly to the hughes net modem but that did not correct the problem, hence taking my router out as part of the problem.  I have ran speed test on my router and the speeds are all over the place, the service is good, bad and then lost all in a matter of 3 minutes.  PLEASE HELP!!!
deniseh1
New Poster

Hi Amanda,

Most of the time, the page tries to load, but doesn't finish. If it does load, I constantly get a "no internet connection" error. It sounds exactly like dianeglueck and I have the same problem. Sometimes, I can't even get onto Yahoo.com main page. I can load most any other page, but sometimes, when I click a link, it won't complete and I have to click again.

I have changed DNS settings, reset my browser (although it happens on all browsers on 2 computers). It does work on the phone, because that uses an app.

It would be very difficult to abandon my Yahoo email address. I would rather get rid of HughesNet, but it is the only thing available where I live.
Amanda

Hello deniseh1 and dianeglueck,

I've taken a look at both of your accounts and brought the problem up with an engineer here. There are 3 other known cases with the same problem. I am going to try to clear some cache from your modem that might solve the problem. 
I have also added free token data to both of your accounts so that you may test it out. If you have a router, you may want to reboot those before trying. Let me know if anything changes.

Thank you
Amanda
deniseh1
New Poster

Sorry. That is pretty much all anyone did when I called, and it never helped. I think it has to do with security, but I don't have any technical ability to diagnose that.  This all started over a year ago. When I would try to load the page, I would get "Secure Connection Failed" error. That stopped happening, but now I get this problem. It is impossible to get any help from Yahoo.

My email address suffix is @pacbell.net. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It is a former AT&T account that moved to Yahoo.
Amanda

Hello deniseh1,

That's not good.. Okay, so I have compiled some more details for both your account and dianeglueck as well as the information from some others we have picked up. Engineers are investigating and will get back to me on what is going on. I appreciate your patience

Thanks
Amanda
deniseh1
New Poster

Thank you Amanda,  Now maybe this will get fixed!
deniseh1
New Poster

Hi Amanda,

I think whatever you did helped actually. I have been able to load Yahoo email, but I still get the "no internet connection", but not as often (yet). It usually gets progressively worse over time, so time will tell.
Amanda

Hi deniseh1,

Thank you for the update. Since this post has anything changed? Our advanced support group on the phones have used the same fix with success.

Amanda
deniseh1
New Poster

Same as yesterday. It is loading but "no internet connection" comes up often.
Another symptom is that I cannot update my iPhone over the WiFi. I get a not connected to internet error after it has downloaded the entire update and it doesn't not complete updating.
I think the signal is constantly dropping out and some site, apps, etc. don't like it.
deniseh1
New Poster

Hi Amana, I have found another issue. The connection constantly drops out in Google Drive.
Still have problems with the connection in Yahoo mail.