cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Xbox 360 to HT2000W

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Re: Can't connect Xbox 360 to HT2000W

@Liz I wasn't getting an error message when trying to connect when mine errored, it was just complaining that it couldn't connect, and that everything was blocked.  A certain engineer in a certain setting (You may have to ask @Amanda or peek into a special area on the net) was thinking it may be tied to access denied errors, but I personally didn't have any of those errors come up while browsing.

The only place I saw mentioning of MTU issues was during connectivity diagnostics on the console.  

Craigmcdonald22
Freshman

@C0RR0SIVE@Liz were you folks ever able to find anything out about the connection issues?

@hunterhancock41, were you able to get yours to connect? 

Liz

Hello,

Our engineers are still looking at this, no news of any potential fixes yet. Once I hear anything I'll let you know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hello Craigmcdonald22,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

tamzemp
Freshman

I have this same issue. These steps did not correct the problem. Smiley Sad
tamzemp
Freshman

Liz- any luck in solving this issue??
Liz

Hi tamzemp.

I've replied to your original thread here, please check it out.

MarkJFine
Professor

If I can add: If you're getting errors during the network setup, ignore them if it's at least getting past the internet stage. It has to do with the way the system is double-NATed. The internet part will still work.

Tried to download a game this morning during the Bonus period and saw I was getting around ~4.8Mbps through the 2GHz wifi (XBox 360 doesn't see the 5GHz one). It was a 7.6GB game so a 5 hours download wait was a non-starter. Saw this thread and decided to investigate:

1. When going through the 2GHz channel I'm getting really high upload speeds (over 3Mbps) but lower than expected download speeds (~4.8Mbps), negotiating an 12Mbps channel even though it has 100% signal.

2. Decided to try going through my legacy Cisco router that's still there for the older game adapter I'm using as the point for the downstairs DirecTV box. Despite high latency (over 1000ms) I'm getting the same upload, but much higher download speeds (21.2Mbps), negotiating an 54Mbps channel.

3. "Borrowed" the ethernet cable that I use for a co-located DirecTV box in my office and saw better upload speeds (5Mbps) and even higher download speeds (33.9Mbps).

I've tried toggling the UPnP (as @Liz suggested on another thread) on both routers, as well as toggling Web Acceleration. All done independently and together, and no combination made much of a difference.

21 and 34Mbps is somewhat acceptible given the speed rating is about that, but its a little disconcerting considering the 40-50Mbps speeds I'm getting through the 5GHz router port. Could just be the time of day or conditions at the other end.

That said, it almost seems as if there is some kind issue with the XBox 360 and the HT2000W's 2GHz wifi - at least in my setup. In theory, the only difference between them is:
Cisco    HT2000W

WEP        WAP2

b/g*          b/g/n

* Cisco has n mode only on its 5GHz port, not it's 2GHz one.

Hope this helps somebody.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
MarkJFine
Professor

Follow-up:

Set the HT2000Ws 2GHz wifi to 11g-only and retested. Saw higher upload speeds (over 5Mbps) bit better download speeds (~11Mbps), negotiating an 54Mbps channel w/100% signal. Think this is the best it's going to do going this way.

Note: I tried 11b-only as well, and that wouldn't even connect - could this the problem that the others are having?

So, either the combination of all of them or 11n was partly the low-speed culprit. Going to WEP is not an option, since it's not supoprted.

Still sticking with ethernet in the meantime for anything serious.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
rest066c
New Poster

So, I am having trouble downloading/updating games on our Xbox one. Wondering if I use an Ethernet cable would allow the updates. I have not tried re-setting the Xbox wifi setting to factory specs, nor have I looked at any settings on the gen5 router. I can connect to the internet and make purchases through our Xbox. I have looked at the detailed network statistics on our Xbox and get

Download 0%

Upload 1.78mbps

Packet loss 100%.   Latency 0 ms.  MTU 1500   wireless strength 100% on the hug2 wifi. Same results on the hug5 wifi. @Liz