cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Facebook ONLY. All other sites are fine!?

Highlighted

Can't connect to Facebook ONLY. All other sites are fine!?

I have not been able to access Facebook ONLY from any of the computers in the house. All other websites are fine. I have reset the modem (HT1100), router, scanned for Malware, done a factory reset on one computer, cleared all the caches, pinged facebook, talked to tech support (a higher-tier rep will get back to me via phone....sometime). I have tried everything I can think of. I am not a technical idiot, but this has me baffled.
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Can't connect to Facebook ONLY. All other sites are fine!?

There its an outage thats why you are not able to open facebook

I cannot connect to Facebook either???

Have you tried using another search engine, like if you're using chrome try Bing and see if you have the same problem

Can't get on Facebook!!! Dang wish I had that problem.  Facebook is nothing but a Data Hog and Virus in disguise.

i had that problem repeatedly also.   occasionally i could access Facebook, but most of the time, not.   i could get onto just about anything else, but not Facebook.   i also could not understand why this was a problem.   When, like you, i discovered that it was only HERE, at our farm, using our Hughes.net dish i got really frustrated.   I kept posting on here, this forum, each and every time i couldn't get on.   And noted the number of hours it lasted too.   Someone posted a beta site access for me, and often that worked when my normal access (facebook..com) didn't work.   So here it is... try it.. Hopefully it will work for you!  

https://www.beta.facebook.com/

@Gary Hall....
Whether it's a data hog or virus pit is totally irrelevant.   Hughes.net does not get to tell me what i can play on and what i cannot.   It is MY CHOICE how i spend my free time!  

I haven't been able to get into facebook using my home network since yesterday afternoon.. I've been patient but am noticing that only my hughesnet network is unable to connect while my at&t neighbors are.

my patience is wearing thin!

It was a worthy effort but unfortunately this is also giving me the spinning wheel of death and no page to log into.

Good morning everyone,

Last night we received many concerned posts about the inability to access Facebook. We can assure you that our engineers are working to resolve this and restore connectivity to Facebook as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated.

Thank you
Amanda