Can't pull up important websites!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlmgrm
New Poster

Can't pull up important websites!

First of all...I've had Hughesnet since 2002, so please don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about!

I had the Gen5 installed in January and since then, I can't even add up the number of hours that I've spent on the phone (especially on HOLD) trying to get hughesnet to figure out what's wrong with my connection.

I can't pull up Weebly.com or my websites associated with it, so therefore, I can't conduct my business on line or update my product.  I also can't get into Pinterest where I do selling (I also enjoy Pinterest just for fun) and Youtube where I put my product on to sell.  I can't even pull up cnn.com.  Many other websites won't load too...but for me, these are essential.

On Monday last week after going to testmy.net, my download speed was averaging about 4 mbps and upload was okay...I was told that I would get an upgrade to another tech that was higher up and would hear back within 48 hours....no call back and this is probably at least the 10th time I've been through this process since I upgraded to Gen5. I have so many confirmation #'s that it's ridiculous!  

I had my computer completely upgraded November of 2018 and just to make sure that it's not the computer, my computer repair tech completely reset my computer back to factory.  I'm using Windows 10.  (My husband's laptop is having the same response from hughesnet as my desktop and he's using Windows 7, but most of the time, his laptop isn't even turned on). 

I've also gone to the website where you can check to see if the site you're trying to reach is down  isitdownrightnow.com and all of the websites are up and reachable. 

When I upgraded, I was stuck with a 2 year contract that if I don't get this issue solved very soon, I'm going to take my issue to someone who can get me some legal help. 

This is insanity!  Like I said...I've had hughesnet for over 16 years and I can't believe that I'm experiencing this poor connection as well as the poor service from the tech dept. 

I've even requested that they send someone out to my site to see if there's a tree or something blocking the reception...NO LUCK...they tell me that it can be solved with out doing that.

ALL I CAN SAY IS:  FIX IT!!! 

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet corporate reps will be back Tuesday and they will be able to check your account and read the notes from your calls so they can address your issues.  They have much more authority than the phone reps.

As for legal recourse, please note that as per the service contract, binding arbitration is the only legal recourse. See the contract here; the binding arbitration procedure is explained under 5.2. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

MarkJFine
Professor

Some times the DNS in the modem gets gummed up making some sites impossible to reach. Try turning off your computer, rebooting the modem (by unplugging its power from the wall, waiting a minute, then plugging it back in), then restarting your computer when the modem is fully up. This should refresh the cached DNS in the modem as well as the computer, just in case the modem's corrupted DNS also corrupted the computer's.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I tried it and it didn't work.  If possible, my connection is getting worse. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Please take note that service is in a degraded state for many customers on Echostar-19...  If you are pointed to that satellite, then that will explain your current service interruptions.

Good morning dlmgrm,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I do understand how distressing it can be to not be able to access your usual sites for business. I've looked into this and I see that on Sunday, when you initally reported this to us, we did have service degradation due to inclement weather at your gateway. This has since passed, and after running diagnostics on your site just now, the system is working again normally. 

Feel free to reach out again if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!