cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reach HN and need a reinstall

Bturknett
New Poster

Can't reach HN and need a reinstall

We recently moved our old mobile home out and a new one in. I've called numerous times only to be hung up on by the automated system. I've tried web chat and emailed three times. I am showing usage on my meter when I haven't been online using HN in about a month (36% left without it being used) I have until November before my contact is up and when it is I'm out of there.
I homeschool my grandchildren and have to go to another person's house to let them do their internet homework.
I need this reinstalled asap.
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Re: Can't reach HN and need a reinstall

Hi Bturknett,

Thanks for reaching out. Do you still have all the equipment? 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Bturknett, 

I've just gone ahead and dispatched a tech to address your concerns. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Apr 17, 2020 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bturknett 

The following is not about your scheduled visit, but rather only to explain what you're seeing with the data.  

Data levels, the reporting of its usage, and your monthly data reset are all dependent on the modem being connected and online.  If your HughesNet modem has been unplugged/disconnected for a month, what you're actually seeing when you sign in and check your data level is the level the data had been at when you last unplugged it, and it will remain at that level until the modem is reconnected, plugged in, and connects to the HughesNet server, at which time the monthly data reset will be reflected.  So, while it looks like data has been used, the system is actually just perpetually showing you the same reading from when the modem was last unplugged.  Smiley Happy

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro