cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel

Cancel

since switching from Comcast to HN in Aug 2015, we haven't been able to stream videos I.E. YouTube, Netflix, Facebook. Is there a way I can cancel my contract without paying $355 or how can I get unlimited data. Please and thank you
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cancel

Help!
Advanced Tutor

Wow! You should not have switched from ComCast. Why did you do that? Satellite Internet is generally slower than cable internet, has higher delay due to the distance out to the satellite, and is a metered connection with a data allowance each month. There are no unlimited data plans available on satellite.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Associate Professor

You won't be able to cancel with out paying for your ETF, and will also need to return the equipment.  You can purchase additional tokens if you need more data, or upgrade to a higher tier service plan.
Assistant Professor

Did you move and Comcast was no longer available?

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Our fellow community members have already chimed in with some good information. You will not get unlimited data on any satellite internet connection, and if you have a cable option, that would be your best bet. We are not competing with cable companies; we provide internet service for those who would otherwise have none or dialup.

You can call in at 866.347.3292 to cancel, but there will be an Early Termination Fee. If cable is no longer an option, we can work with you to ensure your system is optimized for best performance.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted

Ok if Becca had known any of the information you just commented, I would not have left Comcast. Knowledge is power. I've learned a painful lesson. Directv and AT&T commercials made bundling look so cool. Mistake. I don't know where HN falls under Directv it's a different company

No I didn't move.

Ok if Becca had known any of the information you just commented, I would not have left Comcast. Knowledge is power. I've learned a painful lesson. Directv and AT&T commercials made bundling look so cool. Mistake. I don't know where HN falls under Directv it's a different compan

Let me see if we can get the sales call to review whether our data allowances were disclosed, then we may be able to do something about the ETF.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thank you!